Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair sag

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair sag
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 28, 2017 at 12:39 Quote
I have a 2017 Canyon Strive CF 7 Race with a monarch plus Debonair rc3. My problem is trying to set the sag correctly. At 30% in the open position, I have to inflate it to 325 psi. I am not using all the travel (probably 90%). I've tried adding bottomless rings but that only limits the available travel/ increases ramp up. I am approx 98 kilos. Any ideas would help.

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 at 13:18 Quote
First, check the forums for other riders with your same bike, see what their setup is.

The Debonair wants to sag closer to 35% by nature since it has larger negative spring volume than the standard air can, so instead of maxing out the pressure to get 30% sag, try adjusting it to ride well in the midstroke (climbing and pedaling on the flat).
Then adjust volume with spacers if needed to reduce bottom out.

If you can't get it to ride well midstroke (if it rides too low all the time), one option is to swap the Debonair can for the standard one, which sometimes works better for heavier riders (depending on the leverage rate of the frame).

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 21:49 Quote
You didn't mention how many bottomless rings you have tried to fit in. Try 5-6 of those and decrease pleasure by ~5psi per each. That helped me. Also, I agree with brianl about 35% sag.

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 23:25 Quote
I'm on a strive with a monarch and running 35-37% sag with 4 bands and that seems to work well, at 30% it was too harsh on ruff trails.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012996
Mobile Version of Website