Cove Playmate FR Front Derailleur Questions...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Cove Playmate FR Front Derailleur Questions...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
Okay, so I got my new Playmate frame and I am trying to mount a front derailleur on it, but I don't know how to route the cable because there is no little guide under the bottom bracket to route the cable (it is a bottom pull top swing front derailleur). What should i do? Is there anywhere I can buy that guide for the cable or should I just let the cable rub on the frame (I don't really wanna do this) Lemme know what you think guys! Thanks!

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
nice, posted in mtbr too :-)

ok, is there a hole in the bottom of the bb that a screw could be threaded into?

BTW, dont just let it ride on the frame, you will cut the frame, and ruin th cable.

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 21:22 Quote
any way, no matter. Theres an easy way to set it up. First, get one of these, then remove the BB, then thread the cable through the guide and connect it to the derailleur.

Put some tension on the cable, and find the spot where the guide is locating itself. This will the the left/right location for it.

Now, check for rubbing, and fit the guide in a forward/back way, to make sure it guides the cable around all parts of the bb. You will only slide it forward and back in this step, not side/side like the last one. This will be the fore/aft location for it.

SO,now that youve found where its supposed to be, (and marked it with marker) You drill a pilot hole, and tap it for the mounting screw (could use a self tapping screw if you want)

NOW, YOURE DONE! Easy.

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 9:34 Quote
Thanks a lot man. Only stupid thing is now I have to wait a week for the damn thing to ship to me =/... Oh well, it isn't like I can ride it right now anyway, but lemme tell ya, it sucks having an unfinished bike just sitting in my dorm...

Posted: Dec 8, 2015 at 7:21 Quote
hey what is your setup deralier crank etc. i recon taking a tiny piece of the frame and you could fit a front deralier let me know yeah
done nowwith that bike way to heavy for me.did cut out bits not it fits like a normal bike nice n comfy with 30 gears but just way to heavy nw im riding a marin team dh with a 17mm thru axle at the rear.

Posted: Dec 8, 2015 at 7:37 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
any way, no matter. Theres an easy way to set it up. First, get one of these, then remove the BB, then thread the cable through the guide and connect it to the derailleur.

Put some tension on the cable, and find the spot where the guide is locating itself. This will the the left/right location for it.

Now, check for rubbing, and fit the guide in a forward/back way, to make sure it guides the cable around all parts of the bb. You will only slide it forward and back in this step, not side/side like the last one. This will be the fore/aft location for it.

SO,now that youve found where its supposed to be, (and marked it with marker) You drill a pilot hole, and tap it for the mounting screw (could use a self tapping screw if you want)

NOW, YOURE DONE! Easy.
(the just get one of these doesnt exist can you specify what this is?)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013223
Mobile Version of Website