Spider 275C Rear Shock Travel Increase

PB Forum :: Intense
Spider 275C Rear Shock Travel Increase
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 11:48 Quote
Hey guys,

I have a 2017 Spider 275C (Foundation build) and looking to upgrade the Monarch R it comes with to something with a little more tune-ability, and that would increase the rear travel to 140mm. I read another post mentioning getting a 57mm shock to get it to 140mm but looking for actual recommendations.

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 11:12 Quote
Pretty sure you'd need a recluse link as well as a 57mm shock to get more travel. I'm really happy with the fox DPS that was oem on my pro build.

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 6:55 Quote
mattborja wrote:
Hey guys,

I have a 2017 Spider 275C (Foundation build) and looking to upgrade the Monarch R it comes with to something with a little more tune-ability, and that would increase the rear travel to 140mm. I read another post mentioning getting a 57mm shock to get it to 140mm but looking for actual recommendations.

Thanks!

Any 57mm will boost your travel to around 140 with stock spider linkage but the recluse upper link will give you the clearance from shock air can touching your frame. So you will need recluse link if you want to use fox x2 or dhx2 for the shock not to make contact. You can use fox dpx2 57mm with stock link and have plenty of clearance, and as bike pilot says it’s a great shock. This is a great upgrade for these bikes with really no penalty at all.

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 19:20 Quote
That's great info! I think stock linkage and 57mm of stroke would be around 148mmof travel (it would be if it's linear, but maybe the curve ramps up a lot at the end?

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 22:02 Quote
ViceGrips wrote:
mattborja wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Any 57mm will boost your travel to around 140 with stock spider linkage but the recluse upper link will give you the clearance from shock air can touching your frame. So you will need recluse link if you want to use fox x2 or dhx2 for the shock not to make contact. You can use fox dpx2 57mm with stock link and have plenty of clearance, and as bike pilot says it’s a great shock. This is a great upgrade for these bikes with really no penalty at all.

Great info! Thanks!

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 21:53 Quote
My first post on here. Put together my spider with a 57mm dhx2 coil and boy was I amazed on how it performed the stock Evol dps wasn’t working out I’m 6 foot and weigh 225lbs I had to run over 250psi and rebound only had about 1-2 clicks left to slow it down and at this high psi with no volume spacers it felt like it was bottoming out and I would stop take a look and still had over 10mm of travel. I know it’s a 50 stroke not a 57 so it almost felt like the air can was getting trapped and locking up. The coil I’m using is the sls 650lb and today 5 foot drops good size jumps I was left with about 3mm before the bumper hit!! So for heavier taller riders I highly recommend the coil don’t waste your time with air on this bike night and day difference!

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 11:33 Quote
Nice! Did you swap to a recluse link or keep the spider link?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015660
Mobile Version of Website