Spider 275C Rear Shock Travel Increase

PB Forum :: Intense
Spider 275C Rear Shock Travel Increase
O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 13:13 Quote
Honkytonkin96 wrote:
I left off that the fork is a debonair already too. It is absolutely night and day compared to a fox performance elite. I think I'm going to donthe 150mm swap and a charger upgrade...any idea how the mrp option compares to this?

Hi

Did you upgrade to the new debonair air spring with the red alloy seal head or is it the original old style debonair that came stock in the fork? The new red one is a lot better than the original debonair air spring that came in the revelation. It is hollowed out so has a bigger negative air chamber.

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
Honkytonkin96 wrote:
nashwillis wrote:
I have thought about an angle se too. Someone said adding a RWC needle bearing on the lower shock bolt helps some.

I'm going to research the needle bearing...sounds cheap!

I put in one of those needle bearings when I did the air can service last month. Was easy to install but there is snow on the ground here for the next couple more months so can’t report on results for awhike

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
Honkytonkin96 wrote:
On a similar note, the 2018 RS Revelation Motion Control 35 140mm on the front is super harsh on my wrists..anyone know the best bang for your buck mod for this thing? There are a few different ones ranging from 150-300 bucks and I am just wondering if I should sell it outright and buy a fox fork or invest in a mod/upgrade. Ive always ran fox performance forks and havent had a problem with wrist pain.

Recently purchased a DVO Sapphire for another bike and have been really impressed with the small bump performance of it. The OTT (off the top) feature is magical!

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 8:50 Quote
Appreciate all the good information in this thread. I just finished putting the Recluse link on my Spider along with a 200x57 Fox DPX2. Still playing around with feel but so far it's definitely an improvement over the factory DPS I had. This really is a no brainer just for the extra travel alone. Pedals just as well at 140 as it did at 130.

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 13:48 Quote
chrenda wrote:
Appreciate all the good information in this thread. I just finished putting the Recluse link on my Spider along with a 200x57 Fox DPX2. Still playing around with feel but so far it's definitely an improvement over the factory DPS I had. This really is a no brainer just for the extra travel alone. Pedals just as well at 140 as it did at 130.

So much conflicting information on this thread. So does the 200x57 DPX2 fit on the Spider using the 130 of the standard Spider link? I would really love to add a little travel and not use the 115 setting. Bonus if I don't have to track down a Recluse link. I guess worst case scenario is getting the 200x57, see if it interferes at 130 and if it does run it at 115 until I track down a Recluse link.

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 23:08 Quote
chrenda wrote:

Could you post a pic up please? Did you get the recluse link from Intense?
Thanks

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 4:03 Quote
So much conflicting information on this thread. So does the 200x57 DPX2 fit on the Spider using the 130 of the standard Spider link? I would really love to add a little travel and not use the 115 setting. Bonus if I don't have to track down a Recluse link. I guess worst case scenario is getting the 200x57, see if it interferes at 130 and if it does run it at 115 until I track down a Recluse link.[/Quote]

I have a 200x57 float X incoming early next week... Ill let you know if there is an issue.

Posted: May 8, 2020 at 19:49 Quote
RobNich wrote:
So much conflicting information on this thread. So does the 200x57 DPX2 fit on the Spider using the 130 of the standard Spider link? I would really love to add a little travel and not use the 115 setting. Bonus if I don't have to track down a Recluse link. I guess worst case scenario is getting the 200x57, see if it interferes at 130 and if it does run it at 115 until I track down a Recluse link.

I have a 200x57 float X incoming early next week... Ill let you know if there is an issue.[/Quote]

That is fantastic timing. What year/size are you riding. Let me know how it goes, I’m so ready to pull the trigger!

Posted: May 9, 2020 at 1:48 Quote
Large 2017 275C

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 2:16 Quote
So no issues with can clearance... BUT on a bottom out hit the upper link will hit the underside of the top tube before the shock bottoms out! Recluse link is very much needed !!

https://imgur.com/a/6MWER6B

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
I have a 2015 spider 275 with the VPP suspension. I have put a 200x57 shock on it. Does anyone know what the travel is now? I have heard if you put the shock in the 115 link it stays at 130mm but wondering what it would increase to at the other setting.

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 16:07 Quote
nashwillis wrote:
I have a 2015 spider 275 with the VPP suspension. I have put a 200x57 shock on it. Does anyone know what the travel is now? I have heard if you put the shock in the 115 link it stays at 130mm but wondering what it would increase to at the other setting.

In theory it would get into the neighborhood of 140, but the issue is what you read about above. Many people have said that the link will contact the frame in the 130 position. So try at your own risk. The Recluse link is $80.

https://parts.intensecycles.com/collections/link-kits/products/recluse-top-link

Posted: Jun 9, 2020 at 18:53 Quote
TheHeez wrote:
nashwillis wrote:

In theory it would get into the neighborhood of 140, but the issue is what you read about above. Many people have said that the link will contact the frame in the 130 position. So try at your own risk. The Recluse link is $80.

https://parts.intensecycles.com/collections/link-kits/products/recluse-top-link

I have a 2015 so the recluse link won’t fit but I have put a 200x57 shock on it with no problems. I will mess around with it and see what setting I like best.

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 20:20 Quote
RobNich wrote:
So no issues with can clearance... BUT on a bottom out hit the upper link will hit the underside of the top tube before the shock bottoms out! Recluse link is very much needed !!

https://imgur.com/a/6MWER6B

im wanting to do the same on my 2017 spider and add a coil shock to replace the stock fox dps evol that feels kinda dull
can i ask does is stop you being able to have a bottle mounted?

hoping to use this one - anyone tried to got experience with these? assuming i need the recluse link for this
https://www.pushys.com.au/cane-creek-dbcoil-inline-all-black-200x57mm-rear-shock.html

(also planning on adding a marzocchi z1 coil to the front....fox elite 34 feels sluggish)

have fond memories of my OG Z1 mounted to a hardtail back when they first came out redefined plush

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 0:51 Quote
i got the cane creek shock from the online shop but it doesnt have the mounting hardware.

which one do I get?
so many different ones and i cant see in the spider manual what size this should be?
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/cane-creek-double-barrel-rear-shock-hardware/rp-prod115546

any ideas?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021114
Mobile Version of Website