Spider 275C Rear Shock Travel Increase

PB Forum :: Intense
Spider 275C Rear Shock Travel Increase
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 7:49 Quote
RobNich wrote:
So much conflicting information on this thread. So does the 200x57 DPX2 fit on the Spider using the 130 of the standard Spider link? I would really love to add a little travel and not use the 115 setting. Bonus if I don't have to track down a Recluse link. I guess worst case scenario is getting the 200x57, see if it interferes at 130 and if it does run it at 115 until I track down a Recluse link.

I have a 200x57 float X incoming early next week... Ill let you know if there is an issue.[/Quote]

been months since I checked this thread but to answer your questions-

The dpx2 in 200x57 will fit with the stock 115/130 link however at FULL compression the link will contact the frame in 130 mode. I tested this myself. The Recluse link allows full compression without contacting the frame.

I've been running mine as a 140/140 bike for a while now and I have zero complaints about making the change.

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 4:56 Quote
Re the conflicting information... Am I right in thinking there is a difference between the SL link and the 'normal' 275c link? I thought the SL link was carbon. Is it a different shape - leading to the conflicting info on clearance?

Can anyone confirm the clearance for a 57 mm stroke shock with the machined aluminum link that comes on the 275c bike?

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 18:03 Quote
I can only confirm the carbon link will not clear with the 57mm shock at full travel. The recluse link (alum) will. I'd be surprised if the original alum spider link would clear as the carbon one is pretty thin already.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 3:42 Quote
chrenda wrote:
I can only confirm the carbon link will not clear with the 57mm shock at full travel. The recluse link (alum) will. I'd be surprised if the original alum spider link would clear as the carbon one is pretty thin already.

I measured the link movement without the shock in place and can confirm that on the XL frame with the aluminium link, the link will hit the frame before a 200x57 shock will reach the end of it's stroke, assuming the shock is 143mm long eye to eye at bottom out. The distance between mounting points when the link is against the frame is around 145 mm. All this is based on the 130mm travel position mounting point.

Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
Have been vibing with my spider sl @ 200x57mm dhx2 on a recluse link for about a year now and more recently a 140mm 29er up front (probably going to get an Angleset to slacken hta as well if I don’t just get a new bike soon)

Question for the group: how do I get the chainstays to be like 20mm longer??? Wink

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 18:04 Quote
jdrsiff wrote:
Have been vibing with my spider sl @ 200x57mm dhx2 on a recluse link for about a year now and more recently a 140mm 29er up front (probably going to get an Angleset to slacken hta as well if I don’t just get a new bike soon)

Question for the group: how do I get the chainstays to be like 20mm longer??? Wink

Ha ha. I haven’t come across anything yet for chain stays. Maybe a custom lower and upper link?

An update on my checks for the record... I think it’s actually the lower link that is bottoming out. Not the top link. I also have confirmed the X2 air can hits the top tube right near the end of its travel on the std top link. Recluse link on the way.

Can confirm it is a different bike with the X2 shock installed, instead of the stock monarch. So much better at dealing with the rough stuff.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 18:47 Quote
FYI Recluse top links are back in stock. Just ordered one and a 200x57 DPX2. Should have it set up next week.

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 0:23 Quote
Does anyone know the FOX ID of the stock Fox Dps?!
Would help me pretty much since i build up a spider275c frame.

Greetings

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009071
Mobile Version of Website