Need to buy a dropper post. What would you buy ?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Need to buy a dropper post. What would you buy ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 19:09 Quote
I need to buy a new dropper post. I purchased a new YT Capra, it comes with a 150mm post. I need a 125mm. The post it comes with is the ethirteen.

Right now I have a Reverb / Easton Haven / KS eTen / and the stock one from the Capra. The Reverb has been rebuilt many times and really is my favorite post of the 3. The Easton Haven is junk. It has been sent in twice and still leaks air. The KS is on my fat bike and is only 100mm and really slow. The one from my Capra seems like it might be ok, but only has 4 positions one that i cannot use so really only 3. It has a spring in it for the return, maybe this thing would be ok ? Not sure, but not really a fan of only having select heights.

I am a big heavy rider (250) and I am sure that does not help.

Looking for something that will last / works good / 125mm / 31.6mm / can be serviced does not need sent in.

If you had to buy a new dropper, what would you get ?

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 21:20 Quote
We've been having great luck with the DVO Garnet. I've had one on my personal bikes for months and it feels the exact same as the day I installed it through a few months of PNW mud. They're also serviceable at home with a detailed instruction guide from DVO's website.

DVO's service is unbeatable at the moment too!

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 21:39 Quote
stevejavorsky wrote:
I need to buy a new dropper post. I purchased a new YT Capra, it comes with a 150mm post. I need a 125mm. The post it comes with is the ethirteen.

Right now I have a Reverb / Easton Haven / KS eTen / and the stock one from the Capra. The Reverb has been rebuilt many times and really is my favorite post of the 3. The Easton Haven is junk. It has been sent in twice and still leaks air. The KS is on my fat bike and is only 100mm and really slow. The one from my Capra seems like it might be ok, but only has 4 positions one that i cannot use so really only 3. It has a spring in it for the return, maybe this thing would be ok ? Not sure, but not really a fan of only having select heights.

I am a big heavy rider (250) and I am sure that does not help.

Looking for something that will last / works good / 125mm / 31.6mm / can be serviced does not need sent in.

If you had to buy a new dropper, what would you get ?

X fusion manic dropper post is great. Nice remote also. Inexpensive and user serviceable. For example, the replaceable cartridge is $25. If you swap it to another bike with a different seatpost diameter, the outer body is $50.

Check out the reviews on it.

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 23:35 Quote
Revive by bikeyoke
Just ordered another one

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 15:20 Quote
Brand X ascend is working very well for me.

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
Fox transfer.
Had/got
X fusion hilo /Ks drop zone /reverb /Ks eten/ fox transfer.
+
Fox is the Fastest /smoothest action/ lightest lever feel / best lever position for me /least maintenence in my experience. Just feels so solid made.
-
Has the most side to side play of all but hasn't changed since day 1 and don't notice it riding.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 0:12 Quote
I have some experience with the e13 TRS+ aswell and as much I love the no BS mechanical function with only a spring it has some issues. Some of them have a fault that wont let them reach full length - even when new. But when it works it functions superb.

I've been down the Reverb road aswell, and I have not had many issues with it. Tho in cold scandinavian weather the dropper extracts slowly. Sold the dropper before any service was needed.

Then I bought a Yep Uptimizer 2.0 dropper and i've not looked back since. Flat out the best dropper that I have ever tried out and it functions in cold weather aswell. Not needed to think about service yet, and when it comes to that it's pretty easy even for the home mechanic. Plus the dropper runs at a lower psi therefor not as much pressure on seals etc. Has supported my riding weight on long backcountry runs with backpack at mabey 110kg in all.

I would look at either Yep or 9point8

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 11:10 Quote
I've been super happy with my ks Lev. Only had it for a few months but no faults at all. Smooth and fast.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011715
Mobile Version of Website