Santa Cruz Hightower LT

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Hightower LT
Previous Page |
Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 14:20 Quote
It's a sin to not have an official HTLT thread going on PB, so lets do it. I've been through quite a few bikes in the last few years including going back and forth between 27.5 and 29 inch wheels. I spent the last year on a Stumpy, but it just wasn't holding up to all that I was putting it through. This bike rips. It feels balanced. It has the travel that I need but nothing extra and remains efficient while also playful. Needless to say, I have been extremely happy with the 200 or so miles I've been able to slam on this bike in a short amount of time. Intended use is everything from pedally flow XC to park days. I am in VA, so we check in to the mountains as much possible to get our kicks.

Let's get it rollin!

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 18:31 Quote
I dig the electric koolaid banana slug test colors

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 14:26 Quote
I'm just going to leave this here... I'll report back with shreddability later this week!

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 16:40 Quote
Hell yeah man! Get it done asap. Lol

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 2:58 Quote
Finally got to turn some wheels in anger on mine at the weekend. Conditions weren't great weather wise, but even then I was blown away by it. Phenomenal amounts of grip. Ridiculously stable through corners and it just rolls over anything as though it's not there. Suspension feels fantastic straight out the box with the recommended air pressures. Can't wait to get back out again

Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 14:56 Quote
I think about to pull the trigger on an XXL S build. The only thing I don't like is the 780mm bars on a bike designed for someone 6'3"-6'7". I'm hoping maybe the LBS will swap in some of the carbon 800mm bars for me.

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
Jeremy, did you try the XXL size? At 6"5 I'm also thinking about it, but I'm not sure if it would feel too large for me... How tall are you?

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 11:36 Quote
Killaruna wrote:
Jeremy, did you try the XXL size? At 6"5 I'm also thinking about it, but I'm not sure if it would feel too large for me... How tall are you?

No but I'll let you know in about a month when it comes in. Unfortunately no one around had anything XXL to test. I had to base my decision on the geometry of other bikes I've ridden. We're also right in the middle of the height recommendation for the XXL HTLT so I don't think it will be too big.

Edit: I'm 6'4.5"

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 6:19 Quote
Let's get this thread rolling! Here is my XL LT frame up dream build. RC2 36 150 fork, NOBL TR36 hoops on I9 hubs, KS-Lev Ci 175 with Wolftooth lever, full XTR with XX1 cassette, Carbon Descendant crankset (WM bb) with Wolftooth 32 CR, Next R 800mm bars with Atlas 35 stem, Ergon GE1 grips and SMR3 Pro saddle, Onza Ibex 60 tpi rr, 120 tpi fr, Icetech 203/180, X11SL TiNi chain, OneUp aluminum flats, Invisiframe kit on frame and fork, Slik Graphics decals. 28.2 lbs (12.8 kg)
I've been gathering parts for the build since the LT came out and finally put it together last weekend. Took it out 4 times so far and I can't say enough good things. It literally does everything great! So much more engaged with the trail compared to my Mega 290. Nimble and it carries so much speed in corners it blows my mind. I assumed I would get some PR on the climbs and less fatigue, but I'm PR'ing everything! Love it man!

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 18:04 Quote
Hey all, I’ll be in Santa Caruz this Friday at their factory demoing the HTLT. According to the SC website, one can pedal right from their lot to the trails. My questions are: has anyone done a factory demo before? If so, are the trails they point you towards beginner only? Or can I expect some black diamond trails also?

Thanks

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 18:25 Quote
MikeAzBS wrote:
Let's get this thread rolling! Here is my XL LT frame up dream build. RC2 36 150 fork, NOBL TR36 hoops on I9 hubs, KS-Lev Ci 175 with Wolftooth lever, full XTR with XX1 cassette, Carbon Descendant crankset (WM bb) with Wolftooth 32 CR, Next R 800mm bars with Atlas 35 stem, Ergon GE1 grips and SMR3 Pro saddle, Onza Ibex 60 tpi rr, 120 tpi fr, Icetech 203/180, X11SL TiNi chain, OneUp aluminum flats, Invisiframe kit on frame and fork, Slik Graphics decals. 28.2 lbs (12.8 kg)
I've been gathering parts for the build since the LT came out and finally put it together last weekend. Took it out 4 times so far and I can't say enough good things. It literally does everything great! So much more engaged with the trail compared to my Mega 290. Nimble and it carries so much speed in corners it blows my mind. I assumed I would get some PR on the climbs and less fatigue, but I'm PR'ing everything! Love it man!

Looks great. I had the hardest time deciding which color to get. I went with the Slate grey but I also love how the Wicklow Green looks like totally yellow or totally green depending on the light in these pics.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 1:55 Quote
My new LT - I've come from an Intense Tracer Elite and love this.
HTLT UK X01 build

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 15:00 Quote
Killaruna wrote:

Just picked it up and only got to pedal it around a bit but fit wise it feels perfect. I can't imagine you'd find the bike too big unless you just like small fitting bikes.

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 13:58 Quote

My new Hightower LT

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 15:03 Quote
Awesome, I just ordered the XE build in Large and slate. How does the colour look in person? Are you changing anything? Also are you keeping the stack height that high?

scooby8272 wrote:
My new LT - I've come from an Intense Tracer Elite and love this.
HTLT UK X01 build

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021480
Mobile Version of Website