Santa Cruz Hightower LT

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Hightower LT
Posted: Jan 31, 2019 at 15:33 Quote
lowball wrote:

Same parts, new XL frame and Thompson dropper currently (125mm). Only one ride on it so far so not sure if I’m keeping the 125 or if I’m putting the e*13 - 170mm back on. Also added offset bushing to the shock (-1deg).

Also thinking of using offset bushings on my LT. Is it enough distance between the rear tire and seattube? What tires are you using?

My Hightower LT:

Hightower LT with Canecreek helm coil an DB coil cs

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 9:23 Quote
Bladin wrote:
lowball wrote:

Same parts, new XL frame and Thompson dropper currently (125mm). Only one ride on it so far so not sure if I’m keeping the 125 or if I’m putting the e*13 - 170mm back on. Also added offset bushing to the shock (-1deg).

Also thinking of using offset bushings on my LT. Is it enough distance between the rear tire and seat tube? What tires are you using?

My Hightower LT:

e*thirteen TRS Enduro's Race/Plus combo 2.35's.

The offset bushing didn't create any clearance issues for me with that tire setup. The bushing didn't work with my 11/6, there was play in the bushings like they were warn and it was driving me crazy so I pulled them. Not sure if it's the DU bushing or the actual offset bushing causing the issue. Tried it with the 11/6 DU's and also the DU's that came with the kit. I rode it once with the offset and I loved how it improved corning at speed slightly.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
Done building finally Big Grin Big Grin
SC HTLT fitted with new red Lyrik

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
My solution to the hope floating rotor problem. Pretty elegant imo.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 21:02 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
My solution to the hope floating rotor problem. Pretty elegant imo.

Looks good. You may want to consider adding a shim on the other side as it may affect frame alignment.

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
Hello,
Wondering if you have tried to fit the 20oz fidlock bottle or if you know that it fits? thanks
balentong16 wrote:

just wanna share my fidlock watter bottle. enough for a 11 miles ride

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 14:44 Quote

Love this bike! Nice in the snow too!

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
JCO8zero5 wrote:
Hello,
Wondering if you have tried to fit the 20oz fidlock bottle or if you know that it fits? thanks
balentong16 wrote:

just wanna share my fidlock watter bottle. enough for a 11 miles ride

Did not fit on my large frame. Had to get the small bottle.

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 4:45 Quote
lowball wrote:
Bladin wrote:
lowball wrote:

Also thinking of using offset bushings on my LT. Is it enough distance between the rear tire and seat tube? What tires are you using?

My Hightower LT:

e*thirteen TRS Enduro's Race/Plus combo 2.35's.

The offset bushing didn't create any clearance issues for me with that tire setup. The bushing didn't work with my 11/6, there was play in the bushings like they were warn and it was driving me crazy so I pulled them. Not sure if it's the DU bushing or the actual offset bushing causing the issue. Tried it with the 11/6 DU's and also the DU's that came with the kit. I rode it once with the offset and I loved how it improved corning at speed slightly.

Thanks

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 20:59 Quote
Ok guys question for you HT LT owners

I am currently riding a YT Jeffsy 2018 CF 29er. My last bike was an 18 Bronson. I am absolutely loving this Jeffsy, it’s siper bad ass but I did have to put an x2 on the rear end to soften it up.

So, I ordered the new YT jeffsy 2019 model.

And then I ran into a Hightower LT for sale with 36 factory in front end and dhx2 on the rear end. It’s a 2018. Same price.

Do I cancel my YT order and buy a Hightower lol? Do you guys enjoy the Hightower? What’s its downfall or the things it’s not great at?

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
Is it new?

People here are going to be biased, but they’re great bikes. Frame quality and customer support are amazing, bike fit is pretty middle of the road. Geo is fairly conservative but kinda modern. This bike feels very intuitive, just like all SC bikes I’ve ridden.

If you like VPP it’s a great bike.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 4:57 Quote
I had a Bronson and didn’t really like the feel but I chalked it up to the bike being too small (I was riding a large). This HT LT is an XL. But I keep reading that the vpp gets hung up while climbing because of the regressive shock and linger travel, so that has me a bit hesitant.

It’s used, a 2018. However the guy said it’s never been ridden on a trail.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 6:25 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
I had a Bronson and didn’t really like the feel but I chalked it up to the bike being too small (I was riding a large). This HT LT is an XL. But I keep reading that the vpp gets hung up while climbing because of the regressive shock and linger travel, so that has me a bit hesitant.

It’s used, a 2018. However the guy said it’s never been ridden on a trail.

I think it will be fine with a DHX2 or X2 shock as far as getting hung up.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
Ok guys question for you HT LT owners

I am currently riding a YT Jeffsy 2018 CF 29er. My last bike was an 18 Bronson. I am absolutely loving this Jeffsy, it’s siper bad ass but I did have to put an x2 on the rear end to soften it up.

So, I ordered the new YT jeffsy 2019 model.

And then I ran into a Hightower LT for sale with 36 factory in front end and dhx2 on the rear end. It’s a 2018. Same price.

Do I cancel my YT order and buy a Hightower lol? Do you guys enjoy the Hightower? What’s its downfall or the things it’s not great at?

I switched from YT Jeffsy 29 CF to a regular HIghtower and I much prefer the Hightower. HT has an X2 and the Jeffsy has a topaz so maybe that’s part of it but the frame on the Santa Cruz is just so much better quality, just feels more solid. This is just my 2 cents. The new Jeffsy frame looks killer though, can’t go wrong.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019634
Mobile Version of Website