Santa Cruz Hightower LT

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Hightower LT
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 19:08 Quote
gmoss wrote:
I honestly don't know how a 180mm rotor could rub the frame. that would be a lot of flex in a small area. I just took a look at mine and other than right at where the caliper mounts, there is plenty of room.

I dunno man, in looking at mine it’s practically touching the frame. Like super close. Is yours not this close

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 19:33 Quote
That angle is misleading. The rotor sits back of the tab where the rotor mounts, where there is more space. Unless, something changed on the frame from 18 to 19, but that doesn't make sense.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
gmoss wrote:
That angle is misleading. The rotor sits back of the tab where the rotor mounts, where there is more space. Unless, something changed on the frame from 18 to 19, but that doesn't make sense.

Definite change there in geometry, you have worlds of space there while I barely have enough for a hair to fit between. Where it almost hits is up near the actual brake caliper bolts. Yours looks entirely different than mine, that’s really strange

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
And mine is really close on the upper arm of the triangle, not the lower arm.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 22:15 Quote
Hope rotors (180mm) don't fit... It's like someone comes around and asks every month...

Hope rotor not enough rear clearance
Hope rotor rivet clearance on 2019 Santa Cruz Hightower LT CC

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 4:14 Quote
Dang. That is interesting. The Hope rotor is thicker, too thick. At the rear mount, the rotor is about 1.5 - 2mm from the frame on mine, so it is close. But, there shouldn't be any flex there while riding to cause contact.

The Hope just plain doesn't fit. I guess you could run different rotors with the Hope brakes. ?

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 5:58 Quote
Any suggestions for you Hope brakes guys as to what rotors you recommend? Right now I will be running my plain stock rotors. But I want cool looking ones that fit lol.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 8:29 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
Any suggestions for you Hope brakes guys as to what rotors you recommend? Right now I will be running my plain stock rotors. But I want cool looking ones that fit lol.

I really like the IceTech rotors with resin pads. Not so on/off and has a really good feel, modulation. I tried the Galfers last year since I was used to them from my motorcycles, but they really did not do well, did not stay true and would rub the pads, making a noise.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 9:23 Quote
So just to confirm - the icetech rotors do fit on the 2018 HTLT?

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
I have a 180mm Icetech on my bike now. So, I would say yes they fit. It is a 6 bolt rotor.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
So just to confirm - the icetech rotors do fit on the 2018 HTLT?

I have a 2019 and 180mm icetech rotors are fitting with no issues.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
Awesome - thank you guys.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
When I got my frame replaced under warranty, there was another guy from Germany who had the same issue with his 2018 and our dealer said that there was a batch that had some problems in this area. The 2019 have enough space though.

My rotor was 0.45mm away from the frame. It was a Trickstuff UL 203mm.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
niconj wrote:
When I got my frame replaced under warranty, there was another guy from Germany who had the same issue with his 2018 and our dealer said that there was a batch that had some problems in this area. The 2019 have enough space though.

My rotor was 0.45mm away from the frame. It was a Trickstuff UL 203mm.
at the rear caliper tab, I would say my rotor is dang near about the same distance from the frame.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 21:09 Quote
I wonder if I can get mine warranteed - absolutely no way mine will fit a Hope rotor. I wonder if mine fit in to that group of misfits.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027960
Mobile Version of Website