Santa Cruz Hightower LT

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Hightower LT
Posted: May 21, 2018 at 6:09 Quote
I sold my 2018 Kona Process 153AL and got the Hightower LT. I am not unhappy about it, don't get me wrong the Kona was nice but a medium 27.5 was just a smidge to small for me. Instead of getting a large after many months of trying to figure out what to do, i just sold it on Craigslist. I was originally looking at the 29er process, but it just felt to big and clunky. I wanted something that was an all arounder, something with 29 inch wheels, could climb but could also kick ass down hill, stay planted in corners and jumps if i wanted. Months of research later i thought i had decided on the Evil Following MB, the YT Jeffsy (their fantastic marketing really had me sold, i am sucker for goat headed people and mountain bikes lol), and the Canyon Spectral. Pretty much my finger was on the button to order the Jeffsy though, but i learned about the Hightower. (24 hours of reading and video research ensued) I have a bike shop down the road that actually had one in stock so i decided to drop by. I took it for a spin around the parking lot, did some wheelies, a few bunny hops and i was sold. Its soooo nice! I can't wait to get on the trails.

It's been raining here a lot, what are your thoughts about how it handles on wet trails?

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 14:46 Quote
Those Kona Processes are some heavy bikes. Not what I'd want for an all-arounder. The HTLT handles great in the wet and very predictably unlike some bike I've ridden.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 14:57 Quote
I have a Jeffsy and got it because of price and the good reviews. I have ridden Hightowers and the HTLT. The Hightower was my 1st choice. But The colors of the regular Hightower and price held me back. So i got the Jeffsy blindly and love it. It feels just like the Hightower. But I still want a Hightower eventually....

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 17:26 Quote
MikeAzBS wrote:
Let's get this thread rolling! Here is my XL LT frame up dream build. RC2 36 150 fork, NOBL TR36 hoops on I9 hubs, KS-Lev Ci 175 with Wolftooth lever, full XTR with XX1 cassette, Carbon Descendant crankset (WM bb) with Wolftooth 32 CR, Next R 800mm bars with Atlas 35 stem, Ergon GE1 grips and SMR3 Pro saddle, Onza Ibex 60 tpi rr, 120 tpi fr, Icetech 203/180, X11SL TiNi chain, OneUp aluminum flats, Invisiframe kit on frame and fork, Slik Graphics decals. 28.2 lbs (12.8 kg)
I've been gathering parts for the build since the LT came out and finally put it together last weekend. Took it out 4 times so far and I can't say enough good things. It literally does everything great! So much more engaged with the trail compared to my Mega 290. Nimble and it carries so much speed in corners it blows my mind. I assumed I would get some PR on the climbs and less fatigue, but I'm PR'ing everything! Love it man!

First of all... Awesome build and congrats!

Currently riding a Mega 290 and have had my eye on the Hightower Standard & LT for awhile. What do you like better about the HTLT vs the Mega 290?

I am a previous Santa Cruz owner but the slack seat tube angle has kept me from pulling the trigger since I am 6'2" and run my seat really high.

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 8:44 Quote
The rumour mill over at MTBR has no changes for the 2018 Hightower except for builds (no XE build) and new colours (scroll down the last page to the bottom):
http://forums.mtbr.com/santa-cruz/santa-cruz-hightower-lt-1049621-23.html

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 5:19 Quote
Hi. I just want to ask if the Truvativ Hammerschmidt crank will fit to this frame?

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 10:16 Quote
Lovin' this bike! This was from last weekend's Snow Summit DH race in the old man class.

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 17:23 Quote
Looking for a DPX2 perfomance elite for my hightower lt ... anybody selling one?

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 15:05 Quote
New colors for MY2019:

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 15:11 Quote
MntnMan wrote:
Lovin' this bike! This was from last weekend's Snow Summit DH race in the old man class.

Congratulations on the victory especially with a single crown. Question for you. You love your LT - why are getting a Capra 29? Just curious.

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 13:00 Quote
Hey just wondering how playful this bike is. I’m looking for a fun playful bike that can jump around and take some drops. I went to my lbs to order a new Bronson and was told it would be to small for me in a xl. So he recommended a htlt in xxl. I’m 6’6 for reference. Just worried a big 29er want be very playful. Thanks

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 20:15 Quote
https://enduro-mtb.com/en/bike-check-mark-scott-santa-cruz-hightower-lt/
He is on a large at 5-7. It will be more playful when you start looking for landings way past where you used to because you will be carrying more speed. If you weren’t so tall I’d say 27.5 but you’re brute squad

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 20:56 Quote
kwapik wrote:

Congratulations on the victory especially with a single crown. Question for you. You love your LT - why are getting a Capra 29? Just curious.

The HTLT is a super capable, but I'll be using the Capra at 170mm rear/180mm front for pure bike park and chunky dh races like our local Fontana series where most guys run dual crown bikes.

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 10:26 Quote
have any of you guys had a problem with the rear tyre hitting the seat tube on full compression on the htlt?

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 22:05 Quote
MntnMan wrote:
kwapik wrote:

The HTLT is a super capable, but I'll be using the Capra at 170mm rear/180mm front for pure bike park and chunky dh races like our local Fontana series where most guys run dual crown bikes.

Coincidentally I've been thinking about racing my Capra at Fontana too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008797
Mobile Version of Website