Santa Cruz Hightower LT

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Hightower LT
Author Message
Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
gmoss wrote:

2019 HTLT light blue - What accent colors have you guys been using? The bronze on the side is tough to do anything with. The Jagwire carbon silver brake lines look like the match well enough, but not sure. I hope to upgrade the fork at some point and will go with the orange Fox Factory, which will break up the blue and black. Liked the matte finish to start, but realize I like the gloss better.

Mine is the light blue with an All Mountain Guards grey camo frame protection kit. Almost everything else is black. Some colour certainly would help. It's a pretty subdued blue so I'm sure you could mix in almost anything bright.
I'd like to match, coordinate with the bronze, but not a lot of options there, and I really don't want a lot. I think if the cables match well enough, the orange fork will add enough pop otherwise.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 14:43 Quote
Not at all. Same story here with the Invisiframe. It's just a snap on piece. No glue or double sided tape. It's a nice tight fit though. Just grab it like handlebars from the drive side, get your fingertips under the edge, and roll it back towards you like a motorcycle throttle.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 18:50 Quote
gmoss wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
gmoss wrote:

2019 HTLT light blue - What accent colors have you guys been using? The bronze on the side is tough to do anything with. The Jagwire carbon silver brake lines look like the match well enough, but not sure. I hope to upgrade the fork at some point and will go with the orange Fox Factory, which will break up the blue and black. Liked the matte finish to start, but realize I like the gloss better.

Mine is the light blue with an All Mountain Guards grey camo frame protection kit. Almost everything else is black. Some colour certainly would help. It's a pretty subdued blue so I'm sure you could mix in almost anything bright.
I'd like to match, coordinate with the bronze, but not a lot of options there, and I really don't want a lot. I think if the cables match well enough, the orange fork will add enough pop otherwise.

Wish I would have known, I just sold my orange fox factory fork with like 40 miles on it lol

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 19:22 Quote
No worries. Not ready yet.

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
And the HT LT is officially cancelled. Gone from the website.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
Still glad I got one Smile

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
Me too. It’s my favourite bike I’ve owned.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 15:39 Quote
I have noticed that what I think is the rear brake rubbing the disc when pedaling hard on a steep uphill. I have tightened all the axles in the vpp link. Any suggestions to remedy this?

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 7:59 Quote
Bladin wrote:
I have noticed that what I think is the rear brake rubbing the disc when pedaling hard on a steep uphill. I have tightened all the axles in the vpp link. Any suggestions to remedy this?

set up the brake better......

try and make sure the disc is centred to the caliper (roughly)

quite easy to ignore this and just centre the disc to the pads rather than addressing potential sticking pistons and whatnot

also check the retaining spring on the pads still has sufficient "spring', if not then the pads will sit loose and rub

fiiiiiiiinally make sure the rotor is true, if not then flex those thumbs and sort it out

since the HTLT has a one piece rear end (no pivots like on a 4 bar link), then tightening your VPP axles and putting additional preload on the frame bearings will make absolutely zero difference

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 3:40 Quote
stevenEK9 wrote:
Bladin wrote:
I have noticed that what I think is the rear brake rubbing the disc when pedaling hard on a steep uphill. I have tightened all the axles in the vpp link. Any suggestions to remedy this?

set up the brake better......

try and make sure the disc is centred to the caliper (roughly)

quite easy to ignore this and just centre the disc to the pads rather than addressing potential sticking pistons and whatnot

also check the retaining spring on the pads still has sufficient "spring', if not then the pads will sit loose and rub

fiiiiiiiinally make sure the rotor is true, if not then flex those thumbs and sort it out

since the HTLT has a one piece rear end (no pivots like on a 4 bar link), then tightening your VPP axles and putting additional preload on the frame bearings will make absolutely zero difference

Thanks for the suggestions!
New brakes but could be set up better.

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
So despite me herniating a disc in my lower back July’s Z4th I’ve decided to add a few upgrades. Since I couldn’t ride my bike I felt adding some new wheels may be the only way I could feel better.

Added some Spank Spike Vibrocore wheels with the new i9 hydra hubs and marching blue nipples. Can’t wait to ride once my back is better lol.




Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
So despite me herniating a disc in my lower back July’s Z4th I’ve decided to add a few upgrades. Since I couldn’t ride my bike I felt adding some new wheels may be the only way I could feel better.

Added some Spank Spike Vibrocore wheels with the new i9 hydra hubs and marching blue nipples. Can’t wait to ride once my back is better lol.




that looks soooooo cooooool , what's the weight of your build ?

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
BaGearA wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
So despite me herniating a disc in my lower back July’s Z4th I’ve decided to add a few upgrades. Since I couldn’t ride my bike I felt adding some new wheels may be the only way I could feel better.

Added some Spank Spike Vibrocore wheels with the new i9 hydra hubs and marching blue nipples. Can’t wait to ride once my back is better lol.


that looks soooooo cooooool , what's the weight of your build ?


No idea - I haven't ever weighed her lol. I just figure if she weighs a lot then I'll get stronger haha

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
I am running lighter tires, carbon bars, performance fork and mine weighs under 31, like 30.5 lbs. I cannot remember exactly at this point. I know it was about a lb heavier than my TB, of which most parts swapped over.

Looks good. Heal up! If you are having any nerve issues with that disc, do not ignore them! I did that and now have permanent nerve damage.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014656
Mobile Version of Website