Santa Cruz Hightower LT

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Hightower LT
O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 6:21 Quote
The MRP should have 2 versions if I'm not mistaken, one for a larger chainring range and one for smaller. Maybe check you have the right one? Otherwise, I use the OneUp with no issues.

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 23:40 Quote
@jpat22 - Thanks for that and i think you just hit the nail on the head. The one i have is for 32-38T Range and i am running a 32T oval chainring and then i am loosing ground clearance.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 16:02 Quote
I would be careful about the bash guard. Been some posts about them breaking the frame at the mount and not being covered under warranty. I think I would rather ruin a chainring.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 17:16 Quote
@gmoss - Ok and thanks for the heads up about that.

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 13:31 Quote
gmoss wrote:
I would be careful about the bash guard. Been some posts about them breaking the frame at the mount and not being covered under warranty. I think I would rather ruin a chainring.

Sounds strange, why would the frames have the mounts then? Would love to hear what SC has to say about this. Because I rather just take it off and brake the chain or mess up the frame and get a new one under warranty then continue to run with mine and worry about stuff like this.

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
It was discussed here somewhere. Just have to search it out. I don't remember if it was a thread all its own, or in the show me thread.

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 2:26 Quote
Has anyone experimented with headset angle kits on their LT? Does it mess with the bike's "balance" front and rear, when used with a 150mm fork?

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
I used offset bushings on my previous LT. I think it got a little better downhill but I liked it better without the offset bushings for general trailriding.

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 14:22 Quote
Bladin wrote:
I used offset bushings on my previous LT. I think it got a little better downhill but I liked it better without the offset bushings for general trailriding.

How many degrees offset did you try?

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 4:23 Quote
Sorry, I dont remember.

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 8:09 Quote
No problem. Thanks for the information. Smile
Bladin wrote:
Sorry, I dont remember.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
Hi All, so I picked up a used 2018 htlt frame and looking to upgrade the shock to maybe the new fox float x or other shocks but having trouble finding much with 200mm x57mm specs. Can frame fit other sizes or am i limited to only 200mm x 57mm?

TIA!

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:13 Quote
[Quote="tommyh98"]Hi All, so I picked up a used 2018 htlt frame and looking to upgrade the shock to maybe the new fox float x or other shocks but having trouble finding much with 200mm x57mm specs. Can frame fit other sizes or am i limited to only 200mm x 57mm?

You have to stick with the original size.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 19:01 Quote
[Quote="fourfourone"]
tommyh98 wrote:
Hi All, so I picked up a used 2018 htlt frame and looking to upgrade the shock to maybe the new fox float x or other shocks but having trouble finding much with 200mm x57mm specs. Can frame fit other sizes or am i limited to only 200mm x 57mm?

You have to stick with the original size.

Also look for a DVO Topaz. Very happy with mine.

Posted: Nov 6, 2022 at 19:53 Quote
I have just put a DVO coil (jJade) on mine(replacing the original fox which even after a full seal change still couldn't keep air in it during a ride), and i have to say, though i am still struggling to embrace the bob, man the cooking grip and reasons to sharp bumps is awesome.
Take a nosey at DVO and possibly X-Fusion or just Buy & Sell. There should be some still popping up cheap enough, for you factor in a decent service before you fit it.

tommyh98 wrote:

TIA!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011189
Mobile Version of Website