Santa Cruz Hightower LT

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Hightower LT
Posted: Oct 1, 2018 at 10:56 Quote
nubbs wrote:
balentong16 wrote:
noticed most post dont have water bottle cage,is there anyone here use water bottle cage? what bottle cage will fit on HTLT

Bontrager sideswipe rl works fine on my HTLT

Check out the specialized ZEE cage. Great side pull cage. I can easily get my bottle in and out of this cage while on the bike.

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 at 17:16 Quote
Kardell wrote:
hello. i'm about to buy a hightower LT. i'm just in between L and XL. should i go up or stay at L? i mostly ride local enduro. has no big hills near my house in Sweden. i'm 184 cm tall. ride lift acess 14 days a year. thanks for all the help

I'm 6' on an XL with a 30mm stem. It's perfect and handles amazing w/ plenty of front end traction. The larges are very small.

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 at 18:47 Quote
any water bottle suggestion for my HTLT? fidlock 20oz didnt fit

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 16:06 Quote
balentong16 wrote:
Something smaller, 16oz bottle

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 0:23 Quote
I just bought a 2018 L frame for a very nice price. Nothing has changed in the 2019 model besides a different color so I am very happy to have gotten this frame at a lower price (not low though Big Grin ).

Can't wait to build it up. It won't have any colors but black only parts. The only color it'll have is the red label of the 240s hub. I like stealth!

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2018 at 10:01 Quote
MntnMan wrote:
Kardell wrote:
hello. i'm about to buy a hightower LT. i'm just in between L and XL. should i go up or stay at L? i mostly ride local enduro. has no big hills near my house in Sweden. i'm 184 cm tall. ride lift acess 14 days a year. thanks for all the help

I'm 6' on an XL with a 30mm stem. It's perfect and handles amazing w/ plenty of front end traction. The larges are very small.

Im also in between and I like the feel of a large over a xl and i have a inseam of 32

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 at 1:53 Quote
5'11'' on an L with a 30mm stem. Handles perfectly!

Some changes are still to come. As it is, 13.9kg.

photo

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
Kardell wrote:

Kardell- I'm 6'-0" and got the large. After about 400mi on it I'm realizing a XL would probably have been the way to go. One thing to mention though is that I have a 160mm fork, dh riser bars, pretty big stack and a 35mm stem. All that being said, those items listed, make the bike a bit scrunched or smaller feeling. Every time I get on a XL it just feels right, but I'm always afraid I won't like it so I get the Large. The Large works, so it's just going to depend on how and what you ride IMO. I'm willing to trade frames for a XL, but like I said I'm going to change a couple of things, stack and stem specifically, and see how that feels and go from there.

I've tried a XL nomad and a XL 5010 and they just feel more comfortable on the parking lot ride...and that's the only experience I have with XL's.

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 14:14 Quote
balentong16 wrote:

camelbak makes a 20oz that fits.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
lowball wrote:
Kardell wrote:

Kardell- I'm 6'-0" and got the large. After about 400mi on it I'm realizing a XL would probably have been the way to go. One thing to mention though is that I have a 160mm fork, dh riser bars, pretty big stack and a 35mm stem. All that being said, those items listed, make the bike a big scrunched or smaller feeling. Every time I get on a XL it just feels right, but I'm always afraid I won't like it so I get the Large. The Large works, so it's just going to depend on how and what you ride IMO. I'm willing to trade frames for a XL, but like I said I'm goign to change a couple of things, stack and stem specifically, and see how that feels and go from there.

I've tried a XL nomad and a XL 5010 and they just feel more comfortable on the parking lot ride...and that's the only experience I have with XL's.

Definitely go XL if you're near 184cm or 6ft tall. You'll get used to the length

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 7:02 Quote
photo

just wanna share my fidlock watter bottle. enough for a 11 miles ride

Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 0:26 Quote
lowball wrote:
photo

photo

HTLT

yooo lets talk about that PUSH!

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 15:38 Quote
HTLT

fresh HTLT built up friday night. swapped most of the parts from the R build with existing parts. stock parts to my hardtail or to the bike i'm about to sell.

had 1 ride so far, headed out this evening for a better shakedown ... going to pisgah on friday morning. pretty excited about this ride.

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 16:06 Quote
Anybody smell a HT LT refresh next year?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034163
Mobile Version of Website