Santa Cruz Hightower LT

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Hightower LT
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 17:24 Quote
keju wrote:
Are you running Hope brakes on a Hightower? How? Prior to getting Magura, I attempted to try Hope, but the big rear rotor rivets on a Hope 180mm rotor made contact with the inside edge of my frame (the actual frame, not the caliper bracket) where the caliper mounts.

https://www.whistlersportspro.com/projects/

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
TAHW wrote:
keju wrote:
Are you running Hope brakes on a Hightower? How? Prior to getting Magura, I attempted to try Hope, but the big rear rotor rivets on a Hope 180mm rotor made contact with the inside edge of my frame (the actual frame, not the caliper bracket) where the caliper mounts.

That's an older model Hightower with a completely different (side vs post) type of brake mount on the frame. All good though, I'm happy with the Magura MT7. And I know I could have run a different rotor with the Hopes, but it was sort of a matter of principal since the rotors seemed to be incompatible.

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 17:43 Quote
keju wrote:
TAHW wrote:
keju wrote:

That's an older model Hightower with a completely different (side vs post) type of brake mount on the frame. All good though, I'm happy with the Magura MT7. And I know I could have run a different rotor with the Hopes, but it was sort of a matter of principal since the rotors seemed to be incompatible.

It’s a 2018 frame, appologies of the Hightower avd Hightower LT use different brake mounts

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 18:50 Quote
keju wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
keju wrote:

Huh?
It goes between the legs. Outside, it can snag and tear on trail debris.

That's an urban legend...

And the plastic hose tab on RockShox Lyrik RC2 force the cable around the outside (not this bike, but on my other bike).

If that hose snags something in the current position, I'm already crashing because of some other reason.

Fork brake hose

FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET 7.6 lb BABY JESUS REROUTE THE f*ckING BRAKE LINE, ON THE OUTSIDE IS SO UGLY!!

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 20:32 Quote
lazybrowndog wrote:
FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET 7.6 lb BABY JESUS REROUTE THE f*ckING BRAKE LINE, ON THE OUTSIDE IS SO UGLY!!

Okay fellas, you can rest easy now. I swapped the front brake line around. The Intarnetz can rest easy again...

But seriously, I couldn't care less which side it's on. But... I sort of had to troll a bit when I saw how much it bothered some people...

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 21:51 Quote
keju wrote:
lazybrowndog wrote:

Okay fellas, you can rest easy now. I swapped the front brake line around. The Intarnetz can rest easy again...

But seriously, I couldn't care less which side it's on. But... I sort of had to troll a bit when I saw how much it bothered some people...

Looks cleaner and keeps it out of harm's way.

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 22:29 Quote
keju wrote:
lazybrowndog wrote:

Much better..Less chance of it snagging on something..Wink

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 6:54 Quote
Crisis averted!

On a serious note...I've got a Fox X2 on order to replace the stock DPS on my HTLT. I'm interested to see what difference it makes.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
jeremy3220 wrote:
Crisis averted!

On a serious note...I've got a Fox X2 on order to replace the stock DPS on my HTLT. I'm interested to see what difference it makes.

I broke my dps off the first drop I went off. Like 2 foot drop to flat. Sent it off for warranty and replaced it with a x2. Such a great shock! Never looked back. Sold the dps on Facebook marketplace like 2 months later when I got it back from fox. You can pretty much make that x2 behave however you want.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 9:03 Quote
Joining the club!
On order is a '18 HTLT in slate grey with a dpX2
36 Float factory grip2 at 160mm, black.
Next SL cranks
Garbaruk 10-48 11sp cassette
XTR shifter
XT rear der.
Hope e4 brakes / Hope rotors
LB/DT240 carbon wheels
1up dopper
Chromag trailmaster saddle in brown
Chromag Ranger 50mm stem silver
Chromag Fubar silver

Took a bit of a gamble on the slate with brown and silver, but I think it'll be cool. If it's too much I can do a black bar with chrome print to tone it down a bit. Pics when it's done Big Grin

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Garbaruk 10-48 11sp cassette

Hadn't heard of this company before. They look good. Once my ethirteen 9-46 11spd wears out on my Guerrilla Gravity I'll probably pick up a 10-46 from them.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Another new HT LT owner here. Anyone have experience with DVO Topaz or Cane Creek DB Coil CS on the HT LT? Rider weight is 225lb with gear. Thanks!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
I had a Topaz on my LT. It was excellent but tended to blow thru the stroke. For mellow trail riding and climbing it was awesome.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024369
Mobile Version of Website