Deity Cryptkeeper

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Deity Cryptkeeper
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 18:01 Quote
I am looking at the Deity Cryptkeeper for a DJ build and am very interested. Just wondering what people’s thoughts were. I want to use it for dirt jumping, jibbing around town and skateparks.

Posted: Jan 5, 2018 at 23:56 Quote
I've not ridden one, but I've got Deity's other frame, the Streetsweeper. It's a great frame, and by all accounts the Cryptkeeper is one of the best dirt jump frames on the market too

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 8:51 Quote
I have a 2016 Cryptkeeper that I built up in June of that year. I use it pretty much like you intend to and have found it to be a great bike for dj, street, park, pump tracks and bmx tracks. It’s easy to manual through rollers or on flat, easy to pop off lips, rollers, curb cuts etc. and really fast anywhere you can pump it for speed. I’ve owned a couple other dj’s over the years(‘07 P2, 2010 STP) and the keeper feels light years ahead of them for its intended purpose. It’s noticeably less harsh than the older aluminum frames as well. Deity definitely did their homework on these.

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 1:49 Quote
For my needs and from what others have said I've come to the same conclusion as OP. Next frame for me is gonna be one of the two deity models mentioned above. Deciding which one is my only problem. I recall the difference is the crypt has a dropped bb, and the street has a bb that is 5mm higher than the rear axle. If I can ask here, how much does that depend on the front fork setup ? Would a 75 to 80mm travel suspended fork on a street sweeper be closer, if not the same as a crypt keeper with >100mm of travel up front? Anyone know?

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 18:37 Quote
tedcedar wrote:
I have a 2016 Cryptkeeper that I built up in June of that year. I use it pretty much like you intend to and have found it to be a great bike for dj, street, park, pump tracks and bmx tracks. It’s easy to manual through rollers or on flat, easy to pop off lips, rollers, curb cuts etc. and really fast anywhere you can pump it for speed. I’ve owned a couple other dj’s over the years(‘07 P2, 2010 STP) and the keeper feels light years ahead of them for its intended purpose. It’s noticeably less harsh than the older aluminum frames as well. Deity definitely did their homework on these.
How much did the build cost?

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 18:59 Quote
I had all the other parts from older bikes so I was just in it the price of the frame, some grips, headset, bottom bracket, pivotal seat and post.

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 8:20 Quote
tedcedar wrote:
I had all the other parts from older bikes so I was just in it the price of the frame, some grips, headset, bottom bracket, pivotal seat and post.
Okay thank you!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009930
Mobile Version of Website