Trek Roscoe any good?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Roscoe any good?
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 8:33 Quote
flowrider661 wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/16026133/
Heres my Roscoe out only on my second ride.
Nice!

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 7:00 Quote
velo-suburbia wrote:
I'm going to be replacing the rear hub soon. Trek has had a run of bad hubs and I have warrantied a few at work already, not just on Roscoes but on Staches and X-caliburs too since they all have the same hub. I'm going with DT 350 since I have never had a problem with them.

Yeah I've got a Hope Pro 4 hub on order to replace my rear hub, I've had it serviced twice and just not impressed with it, the engagement is crappy and it sounds like a cement mixer right now haha

Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 10:19 Quote
Toogy wrote:
velo-suburbia wrote:
I'm going to be replacing the rear hub soon. Trek has had a run of bad hubs and I have warrantied a few at work already, not just on Roscoes but on Staches and X-caliburs too since they all have the same hub. I'm going with DT 350 since I have never had a problem with them.

Yeah I've got a Hope Pro 4 hub on order to replace my rear hub, I've had it serviced twice and just not impressed with it, the engagement is crappy and it sounds like a cement mixer right now haha

Ive just watched your vid on the rear hub. Man the Hopes sound nice. Toogy hows the bike feel - handle with the Maxxis tyres on, is it 2.5 ya got on.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2018 at 12:32 Quote
The new hub is G-R-E-A-T!! haha, I love it, the engagement is so much nicer now.

The Maxxis are actually 2.8's they just seem much narrower than the Rocket Ron's for some reason?

The tires & hub did great at the lift assist bike park I took it to last weekend!

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 20:06 Quote
Just finished upgrading the Roscoe- SLX brakes, XT shifter/der, Raceface Turbine crank, DT 350 hubs, and a Funn stem. Pics coming soon

Posted: Aug 27, 2018 at 23:17 Quote
Hi Toogy,

did that new fork make any difference to the weight of the bike , thinking of changing my fork.

Regards
Richard

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 1:43 Quote
velo-suburbia wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
Updated pics

Nice dude I see you also gone Shimano drive train, Im thinking same

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 1:46 Quote
velo-suburbia wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
Updated pics

Is it me is your Thomson post slightly bent, I know can get bend seat post but whats it actually do.

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 at 7:26 Quote
Thomson puts a bend in the seatpost instead of putting an offset saddle clamp for it's offset post. Their straight posts are 0mm offset and this one is a 20mm offset I think. It reminds me of an old BMX seatpost with the bend. I got rid of the dropper because it started getting some play in it, also I would forget to use it when I needed to and had the Thomson sitting around from a bike that sold off.
The Shimano drivetrain is so much nicer. I've pretty much only had Sram on my mountain bikes and Shimano on my road bikes, but the new XT shifts so good.

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 at 10:28 Quote
Trek Roscoe 8 out and about

My Trek Roscoe 8 currently, while out and about on country trail.

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 at 10:29 Quote
how do you paut photo up like you guys did, i know theres the lil buttons but just links etc. Sorry cant remember how a do it.

Posted: Nov 11, 2018 at 13:30 Quote
flowrider661 wrote:
how do you paut photo up like you guys did, i know theres the lil buttons but just links etc. Sorry cant remember how a do it.
Click the pb image button and put in the the 8 digit number in the url of the photo you want. Or click the how-to under the link buttons for more in depth instructions.

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 8:50 Quote
velo-suburbia wrote:
flowrider661 wrote:
Click the pb image button and put in the the 8 digit number in the url of the photo you want. Or click the how-to under the link buttons for more in depth instructions.

cheers for that just done to a previous post anddone, couldnt remeber how lol

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
Did you have to have boost XT cranks or non boost?

Cheers

Tris

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022271
Mobile Version of Website