Trek Roscoe any good?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Roscoe any good?
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 10:46 Quote
velo-suburbia wrote:
Just finished upgrading the Roscoe- SLX brakes, XT shifter/der, Raceface Turbine crank, DT 350 hubs, and a Funn stem. Pics coming soon

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 10:46 Quote
Hi did you have to fit boost cranks or do non boost fit?

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
Hayletris wrote:
Hi did you have to fit boost cranks or do non boost fit?

You'll want to run a boost crank on the Roscoe

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 16:22 Quote
Hi I'm upgrading the cranks on mine as you can't get a bigger chairing for the FSA's. Do I need to get boost crankset or standard?
Cheers

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 6:25 Quote
I'm using a RaceFace Turbine crank which is not boost specific, but the chainring is offset 3mm to work with a boost chainline.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
velo-suburbia wrote:
I'm using a RaceFace Turbine crank which is not boost specific, but the chainring is offset 3mm to work with a boost chainline.

Bingo, either a boost chainring with a 3mm offset or a boost crank that provides the chainline you want will suffice!

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 8:33 Quote
I am thinking of doing some minor upgrades to my roscoe 8 -

had thought the rear hub was the obvious choice but i cant make a wheel...
where would you spend 250 to 300 bucks on this bike (fork ok for me for now)

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 12:36 Quote
I'd upgrade the brakes if you haven't already, upgrading to SLX or XT brakes is a huge improvement IMO

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
flowrider661 wrote:
Hi just asking if any one has tried the Trek Roscoe yet 7, 8 or 9 model and wondered what your thoughts are.

I cant decide on the Trek or Commencal Meta HT plus bike.
anyways what can or is the Trek able to handle trail wise with it being 120mm. Is that enough compared to Commencal 150mm.

ride trails and like techy decending with bit messingn around etc.

I have test rode the Roscoe 9 but didnt get to use it as crap wether kn demo day and wasnt set up to my liking but what did ride of it wasnt to bad.

any thought on them as driving me nuts Trek or Commencal, 120mm or 150mm.

Hey, I just bought the Trek Roscoe 7 a week ago. So far I've only changed grips and saddle and I ride clipless pedals and I run the tires tubeless, other than that its completely stock. a little heavy cycling up steeps but the geometry is pretty forgiving going downhill plus the 2.8 Maxxis Rekon tires help smooth out the ride more. I think the MT8000 Deore cassette, shifter, and rear derailleur are a decent and reliable setup. i hope u found a Trek!

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 19:34 Quote
Any clue if 29" 2.6 Rekons will fit?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
Richee wrote:
Any clue if 29" 2.6 Rekons will fit?

29" wheels would fit, but not with a 2.6" tire. The largest we suggest in a 29" diameter is a 2.4" tire - but make sure the tire you install will not rub the frame under flex.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
lehott wrote:
flowrider661 wrote:
Hi just asking if any one has tried the Trek Roscoe yet 7, 8 or 9 model and wondered what your thoughts are.

I cant decide on the Trek or Commencal Meta HT plus bike.
anyways what can or is the Trek able to handle trail wise with it being 120mm. Is that enough compared to Commencal 150mm.

ride trails and like techy decending with bit messingn around etc.

I have test rode the Roscoe 9 but didnt get to use it as crap wether kn demo day and wasnt set up to my liking but what did ride of it wasnt to bad.

any thought on them as driving me nuts Trek or Commencal, 120mm or 150mm.

Hey, I just bought the Trek Roscoe 7 a week ago. So far I've only changed grips and saddle and I ride clipless pedals and I run the tires tubeless, other than that its completely stock. a little heavy cycling up steeps but the geometry is pretty forgiving going downhill plus the 2.8 Maxxis Rekon tires help smooth out the ride more. I think the MT8000 Deore cassette, shifter, and rear derailleur are a decent and reliable setup. i hope u found a Trek!


I thought climbed ok and the geo of the frame was lil too steep for steep down slopes riding down them felt like too much even all i was leaning as far back as can.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
trek wrote:
Richee wrote:
Any clue if 29" 2.6 Rekons will fit?

29" wheels would fit, but not with a 2.6" tire. The largest we suggest in a 29" diameter is a 2.4" tire - but make sure the tire you install will not rub the frame under flex.

Or get a Stache for 29er with larger width tyres.


TREK why. dont you guys make a aggro hardtail other than the stache, I mean like a Trek Remedy hardtail with 140mm or 150 mm travel bolt through rear axle boost etc be great ?

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 19:37 Quote
flowrider661 wrote:
lehott wrote:
flowrider661 wrote:
Hi just asking if any one has tried the Trek Roscoe yet 7, 8 or 9 model and wondered what your thoughts are.

I cant decide on the Trek or Commencal Meta HT plus bike.
anyways what can or is the Trek able to handle trail wise with it being 120mm. Is that enough compared to Commencal 150mm.

ride trails and like techy decending with bit messingn around etc.

I have test rode the Roscoe 9 but didnt get to use it as crap wether kn demo day and wasnt set up to my liking but what did ride of it wasnt to bad.

any thought on them as driving me nuts Trek or Commencal, 120mm or 150mm.

Hey, I just bought the Trek Roscoe 7 a week ago. So far I've only changed grips and saddle and I ride clipless pedals and I run the tires tubeless, other than that its completely stock. a little heavy cycling up steeps but the geometry is pretty forgiving going downhill plus the 2.8 Maxxis Rekon tires help smooth out the ride more. I think the MT8000 Deore cassette, shifter, and rear derailleur are a decent and reliable setup. i hope u found a Trek!


I thought climbed ok and the geo of the frame was lil too steep for steep down slopes riding down them felt like too much even all i was leaning as far back as can.

This is the slackest frame and longest wheelbase and fork travel on a bike I have ever owned. I've had numerous dedicated XC and Road bikes, but 69-70° head angles, 100mm fork, 80mm stems , so wack. One day I'll get a sick enduro/trail bike! But for now this bike satisfies my ride choices

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009544
Mobile Version of Website