Trek Roscoe any good?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Roscoe any good?
| Next Page
Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 12:01 Quote
Trek2x8 wrote:
Hi people.... Has anyone tried a 160mm fork on the Roscoe 8?

Whatabout 140 or 150 then? Anyone?

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
Trek2x8 wrote:
Trek2x8 wrote:

On the Roscoe, you should not run 160, 150, or 140mm suspension forks as this was not what the frame was designed around or tested with. The Roscoe shares it's frame with the X-Caliber which sits at 100mm of travel and we tested it to accommodate a 120mm form which is now dubbed the Roscoe. Anything over 120mm of travel would not be suggested and is not good for the frame itself.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 8:17 Quote
i had a mate that cracked his headtube because of the wrong size fork. Was a big difference, like 70mm, but still

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 12:23 Quote
trek wrote:
Trek2x8 wrote:
Trek2x8 wrote:

On the Roscoe, you should not run 160, 150, or 140mm suspension forks as this was not what the frame was designed around or tested with. The Roscoe shares it's frame with the X-Caliber which sits at 100mm of travel and we tested it to accommodate a 120mm form which is now dubbed the Roscoe. Anything over 120mm of travel would not be suggested and is not good for the frame itself.

Ok, any recommendations for an upgrade that runs a bit nicer than the stock fork? Thanks for the info btw Smile

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
traqs wrote:
i had a mate that cracked his headtube because of the wrong size fork. Was a big difference, like 70mm, but still

That sounds like a bad idea then :/

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
Trek2x8 wrote:
trek wrote:
Trek2x8 wrote:

Ok, any recommendations for an upgrade that runs a bit nicer than the stock fork? Thanks for the info btw Smile

You would have a good selection of options being that steer type and axle size. You have options such as the Rockshox Pike, Fox 34, Manitou Comp, Rockshox Yari etc. I'd take a look at your options with your local dealer and find one that best suits your riding needs and price range.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
traqs wrote:

You can have 130, 140mm BUT at your own peril. Ive seen others wit Trek Roscoes with longer travel forks and they said rides fine and handles fine with no problems. Depends on what riding as I wouldn't do big drops even with more travel on the Roscoes. It also may validate any warranty too. But it is fine.

No not designed around any more than 120mm travel but not lot is and go past the max in bike designs and components .

Trek make a hardtail Remedy with 150mm front and bolt through axel on rear as that would be good and I think it would sell too. let me know and iol spec it for ya Wink .

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
trek wrote:
Trek2x8 wrote:
trek wrote:

You would have a good selection of options being that steer type and axle size. You have options such as the Rockshox Pike, Fox 34, Manitou Comp, Rockshox Yari etc. I'd take a look at your options with your local dealer and find one that best suits your riding needs and price range.
Ill have to think about this for a while, as for now ive upgrade everything on it for more than the bike costed me new hahaha....
Xt drivetrain
xt brakes
xt crank
Hope headset
Hope Fortus 35 wheels and Pro 4 hubs
stem, handlebar, seatclamp and so on.... and now im also making some carbonfiber protection on the frame.....

Looking forward to when its finished, ill post some pics then Smile

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005290
Mobile Version of Website