2018 Scott Genius Shock Replacement

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2018 Scott Genius Shock Replacement
Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 8:39 Quote
frelysa wrote:
I have a RS Super Deluxe RC3 and it fits fine without any modification. No shaving needed on the lever. 2018 L size frame Genius 920. Paired with a Fox 36 Grip2 160mm up front the bike rides very well.Smile

Is yours carbon? Seems like the carbon frames have slightly more clearance than the alloy frames in the shock cradle. Sounds like a good set up!!

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 0:46 Quote
Yes, carbon mainframe and alloy swingarm

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 14:15 Quote
Can anyone please tell me if current Genius is too progressive for a MegNeg on RS Super Deluxe?

Posted: May 10, 2020 at 1:10 Quote
I have tried both but not sure who I like best. With or without MegNeg. There is clearly a difference but I don't know which one suits the bike best.

Posted: Aug 15, 2020 at 23:05 Quote
Just installed this super deluxe RCT on my Medium 2018 Genius.

Fits with the LSC knob removed, and the pedal lever needs to be shortened if you want to put it in the pedal lockout position as mentioned by others here.

I also have a megneg I will be testing with but for the next couple of weeks I plan to run the shock as it is and get a good base line.

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 2:19 Quote
Looks ace. I can't recommend the megneg enough. I had to increase the pressure that I was running from 190 to 240psi but the bike is so much more supple off the top. There's heaps more mid travel support and increased bottom out resistance even with a token removed from my previous set up. Mint.

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 4:56 Quote
benno92 wrote:
Looks ace. I can't recommend the megneg enough. I had to increase the pressure that I was running from 190 to 240psi but the bike is so much more supple off the top. There's heaps more mid travel support and increased bottom out resistance even with a token removed from my previous set up. Mint.

Been for a ride today, bottomed out hard way to many times.

So tonight, Ive installed the megneg with 2/4 rubber bands for a188% negative spring volume.

Set sag at 30% with 215psi

Just bouncing around in the shed I can feel a huge increase to mid stroke support.

Let's see how this goes.

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 5:03 Quote
benno92 wrote:

I was just looking at pictures of your bike and it looks like you have an adapter to relocate the piggyback on the super deluxe for better frame clearance. Can you tell me more about that? Where did you get it from?

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
Yes I do.. I found that on my genius even with the LSC knob removed the shock was still dangerously close to the frame at full bottom out, far too close for comfort. Plus the fact it annoyed me that I couldn't easily adjust the compression. Luckily for me I'm a mechanical engineer and have access to machines and CAD facilities so I came up with this little block to lift the piggy back 10mm up and 6mm off the shock. It was tricky to do and I was worried about oil flow and air pressure but its been on for nearly a year now and I've had no issues whatsoever! So I'm very sorry its not an off the shelf item unfortunately.

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 20:32 Quote
Hi all. I’m excited to find this thread, as I’m currently doing this setup on my 2018 XL Genius 740. Thanks for all the great info!

Can anyone tell me the specs/measurements or a SKU for the mounting hardware used to achieve a flush fit with the Super Deluxe?

EDIT: Nevermind...got it sorted. This is the hardware required: https://planetcyclery.com/rockshox-rear-shock-mounting-hardware-metric-8-x-30mm-3piece-set-acs-02056

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
Thanks all for the advice a few months ago, just fitted a super deluxe RC3 on my genius 940, can’t wait to test it out at the weekend!

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 4:56 Quote
Danhadnum wrote:
Thanks all for the advice a few months ago, just fitted a super deluxe RC3 on my genius 940, can’t wait to test it out at the weekend!
So?

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
Hi.
Just curious,how does this "Super Deluxe" swap work for heavier guys?
I'm 96kg,and on my Genius 940 2019 I have a Fox damper with their "MegNeg" type of extra negative chamber,an extra sleeve outside the normal aircan.
I want to have a bit more compression,run 270-280 psi,(300psi max allowed) to get the sag right,and to keep the damper not diving to much.
But want to get it more supportive,and be able to adjust the comp a bit.

Will a Super Deluxe be a bit more supportive and be a better over-all damper than the Fox Nude T Evol?
Anders.

Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 23:42 Quote
Hi Anders. I've not ridden the fox nude so I have little to offer there in terms of a comparison but I cant only say that the super deluxe with the megneg had wayyy more support and I managed to find the sweet spot of suppleness and support both in bottom out and midstroke.

I've since sold the bike in favour of a bigger rig but I loved it.

You could look into revalving your current shock though? Or perhaps use a thicker oil though you would need to check the fox recommendations on that first

Posted: Jan 12, 2021 at 12:25 Quote
benno92 wrote:
Hi Anders. I've not ridden the fox nude so I have little to offer there in terms of a comparison but I cant only say that the super deluxe with the megneg had wayyy more support and I managed to find the sweet spot of suppleness and support both in bottom out and midstroke.

I've since sold the bike in favour of a bigger rig but I loved it.

You could look into revalving your current shock though? Or perhaps use a thicker oil though you would need to check the fox recommendations on that first

Thanks for the reply!!
I really want to test a Super Deluxe,sad part is that they are hard to find right now,at least here in Sweden/Europe.....new or used...
Can buy them in the US,but with import-taxes and other fees,it cost way to much just for testing....

But I looking for a used one to start with,will do the same "adapter" as You did to clear the comp-knob,so must tear it apart anyway,so a used with rebuild-need will work just fine!

Keep trying to improve my shock meantime,but I suspect the RS will be a better shock.
We will see,I will find one someday!!
Anders.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007318
Mobile Version of Website