2016 Bronson Rear Shock

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 14:36 Quote
Hello,
I have a 2016 Bronson with a Fox Float X Evol rear shock and I've recently noticed that there doesn't seem to be much of difference between the open, trail, firm mode setting on the shock. I bought the bike second hand so I'm not sure how it was when new. I wasn't sure if this was an issue that could be solved with a rebuild or this is just the nature of the shock? I was thinking about switching to the Fox DPX2 if a rebuild wouldn't fix this in hopes of finding a better pedal platform. Any input would be appreciated.

Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 16:12 Quote
I think there should be a big difference between modes. I'd send it to fox and have them take a look and freshen it up. The switch makes a noticeable difference on my dps evol on my intense (similar suspension design).

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 1:09 Quote
Hi,
I got a Fox Factory Float X on my 2016 Intense Tracer and there is definitely a noticeable difference between the 3 position of the suspension. So much that I am actually consistently reaching out to the lever to get the most out the suspension when the terrain changes !... which becomes almost annoying sometimes :-)

As per BikePilotOne comment I'd send it back to Fox for a check.

If you do move on to a DPX2, let me know your thought on it as it could be the next upgrade for my ride.
cheers

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 9:08 Quote
I've got a 2016 Float X and it makes a difference. However if you run a lot of sag it *may* be hard to tell. The firm position isn't a full lock out, just firm things up and slows down rebound a lot of. My DPX2 and Fox X2 with the climb switch, is hell of a lot firmer - Almost like a lock-out.

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 at 14:47 Quote
You won't notice much of a difference if you're just squishing the bike down on your floor, hop on the bike with your sag set, and see how it feels past your sag point. If you don't notice then, then it might be worth having it looked at.

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 at 15:20 Quote
I had the same issue with my 2016 Float on my stumpjumper. I now have a 2017 Bronson with a new Float X and the modes are completely different. Conatact Fox and they'll probably fix it free of charge.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008691
Mobile Version of Website