Hand Grips - help

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Hand Grips - help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 24, 2018 at 10:43 Quote
Looking for grips for my new Rocky Mountain carbon full suspension. I do not care for the stock grips and looking for replacements.

I am competing in my first 24 hr solo this coming June in Ontario.
I currently have Esi Chunky grips on my carbon hardtail and have had good luck with these competing on long rides 10+ hours.
I will likely be installing end bars as well and I am simply wondering if there is something better on the market I should be looking at.

Help is appreciated.

Posted: Jan 24, 2018 at 23:56 Quote
Hand grips are pretty personal, many great options out there. My favorite is ODI ruffian.

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 7:25 Quote
Wishiwasbiking wrote:
Hand grips are pretty personal, many great options out there. My favorite is ODI ruffian.

+1! Love the Ruffians! Despite their thinness they are quite comfortable and they get stickier as they age Smile

FL
Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 8:27 Quote
bojda wrote:
Looking for grips for my new Rocky Mountain carbon full suspension. I do not care for the stock grips and looking for replacements.

I am competing in my first 24 hr solo this coming June in Ontario.
I currently have Esi Chunky grips on my carbon hardtail and have had good luck with these competing on long rides 10+ hours.
I will likely be installing end bars as well and I am simply wondering if there is something better on the market I should be looking at.

Help is appreciated.

Oury both lock on and not depending on your purpose. Almost as soft as ESI but not a lot tougher.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 9:20 Quote
can't go wrong with ODI. I have the ruffian on my trail bike and for harsher ride on the DH bike I have the Rogue model.
cheers

FL
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 19:59 Quote
ESI chunky are some soft, fat silicone foam grips, Holding to ruffians would feel like grabbing the raw bar.
Moreover you plan to ride for 24h?! that's crazy.
I'd say stay on ESIs. to avoid fatigue. If you really want to change go for anything you like, but push-on version. Lock-ons are harsher.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009594
Mobile Version of Website