AmericanCycle.com... Update page 4!!!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
AmericanCycle.com... Update page 4!!!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
So I decided to get myself some new bars for the new season. Reason being 7.25" rise is just too small for a 6'1 guy like me, plus four piece bars look freakin' awesome!
I ordered myself some WTP Ever light bars from AmericanCycle.com. The total came to $83.98 U.S including new grips and shipping. Which I figured would be cheaper than getting my greedy LBS to order them in for me and charge me $110 plus tax!! and then another $12 for the grips! Damn you United Cycle! So I placed, and payed for my order on the 6th. Here's a cencored quote from the email.

[Quoten]SHIPPING INFORMATION:
---------------------
Company:
Name: Michael Lestus
Address: ******** Edmonton, AB, CA
Phone: 780-***-****
Fax:
Shipping E-mail: ********
Shipping: United States Postal Air Mail

ORDER CONTENTS:
---------------
We The People Everlite Bars POWDER WHITE
Qty: 1
Price: $54.99
Total: $54.99

Animal Edwin Grips Black
Qty: 1
Price: $8.99
Total: $8.99

ORDER TOTAL:
------------

Subtotal: $63.98
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $20.00
------------------------------------------------
GRAND TOTAL: $83.98
[/Quoten]

Now, as you can see here, I specifically chose USPS Air mail...But yesterday I got home from class only to receive an email and tracking number from them saying my order was shipped via UPS ground mail! Any one who has dealt with UPS knows there is a chance you will get hit with extra fees at the boarder. Not only did it take them over a week to ship my bars, but now they are being shipped ground and I may end up paying more. So basically my bars are in the mail and I am screwed. I don't think there's anything I can do.

I really just made this to vent at how I got screwed over, and to give warning to anyone else thinking of ordering from there. They have better prices and more selection, but they also have some damn funky ways of shipping stuff.

/rant/

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
bet your local bike shop is looking pretty good right now eh?

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
I suggest calling the company yourself and getting some answers from a person.

I dont expect you would get duty fees anywho.

If you did i would call them and ask for a refund seeing as you asked for air shipping(supposedly)

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
The only problem with calling them is I would be charged long distance since it's not a 1-800 number.

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 13:22 Quote
like i said on msn. Whats worse, 30 or 40 at the border, or 5 on the phone.

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
Yeah, and you might also be able to get reimbursed for the shipping, since I'm going to take a wild guess that air mall is more the ground.

Posted: Feb 16, 2008 at 14:58 Quote
That's dirty, I'm so afraid of border charges. Def call them though, I really doubt you need anyone else to tell you this, but that's rediculous..... Micheal Wink

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
www.empirebmx.com

All you need.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
Ok, I am officially never ordering from them again. Their customer service is TERRIBLE!
I sent them an email just wondering what was going on....This is the response I got.

[Quoten]USPS Airmail is like $45.00, do you ride?

Thank you very much

jessica
American Cycle Express
215 Vestal Parkway East
Vestal New York 13850
[/Quoten]

Ugh! I was told to pay $20 shipping. I payed $20 shipping. Now they are telling me it's $45. Are they expecting me to pay another $45? Are they bringing the bars back when they are half way here just to ship them again? I don't understand them at all.Madder

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
Sounds sketchy. Thanks for the info/review, I remember asking you about them when you posted the link. Keep us updated.

Aaron-J wrote:
www.empirebmx.com

All you need.
I wish they had some certain parts I can't find elsewhere.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 16:21 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
Ok, I am officially never ordering from them again. Their customer service is TERRIBLE!
I sent them an email just wondering what was going on....This is the response I got.

[Quoten]USPS Airmail is like $45.00, do you ride?

Thank you very much

jessica
American Cycle Express
215 Vestal Parkway East
Vestal New York 13850
[/Quoten]

Ugh! I was told to pay $20 shipping. I payed $20 shipping. Now they are telling me it's $45. Are they expecting me to pay another $45? Are they bringing the bars back when they are half way here just to ship them again? I don't understand them at all.Madder

Explain to them that you agreed on a set amount for what you were getting ($20 for USPS airmail). They cant exactly go back on that can they? If they have any sense of customer service they should help you out...

On another note, you should have talked to your LBS about a possible price match. It is ALWAYS better to order from your LBS, even if they charge a little more.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
send them anthrax in the mail. that'll teach em.

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
thechris wrote:
send them anthrax in the mail. that'll teach em.

LOL... nice

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
Madder Really Mad Madder Really Mad Madder Really Mad Madder Really Mad Madder Really Mad Really Mad Madder Really Mad Madder Really Mad Madder Really Mad

So the bars came in on Friday, as scheduled. I was out of town for the weekend and just got home. I come home looking forward to my new bars...The good news is there was no extra charges....but as soon as I opened the box I was very disappointed.

I ordered 2008 We the people Everlite bars in white. I received 2007 We the people Everlite bars in some kind of dark metallic silver.

I'm giving them a call tomorrow. This is ridiculous. First they mess up my shipping and make me wait longer for my bars, but now they sent me the wrong bars. It's not just that the bars are the wrong colour, the geo is completely different this year than it was in 07.Madder Really Mad Madder

If anyone is thinking of ordering from them, I would strongly recommend against it. To be blunt, they suck.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012011
Mobile Version of Website