Belgian sub regions missing in overview

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Belgian sub regions missing in overview
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 11:25 Quote
Hello,

I have recently organized the cities in Belgium under their regions and provinces, and I noticed the province of Luxembourg (not the country!) was missing, so I added it (link)

However it doesn't show up in the overview of Belgium under Wallonia, the currently 5 cities in the province are listed separately and I'm not sure I have the rights to do this myself (or I don't know how).

Can someone with more Trailforks-powers fix this please? Smile

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 10:10 Quote
Hmm it seems the regions under Wallonia are not cities but sub-regions. So we've reached the maximum region levels.

So if we want Belgium to have all provinces as its 2nd level, then we need to remove "Wallonia" and then move all its sub-regions under one of the provinces like the "Luxembourg" one.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 13:56 Quote
OK, I see, but it does look more structured now, although it's not as clean as for example Canada and the United States.

The list will become longer and longer as more places are being added due to the way the trails are in Belgium.
A simple fix might be to change the code that lists what is shown on the Belgian overview, so that all cities are left out and it's just sub regions 1 and 2.

I'm not really sure if the current 3 'main' sub regions (level 1) should be kept (Brussels, Flanders and Wallonia), the underlying provinces (level 2) are similar to states in north America, but then again I also wouldn't know what else to use as sub region 2 instead, probably just leave it blank. That would mean a good amount of changes for no real reason other than to remove a level.

So I wouldn't change too much in the levem-structure, just maybe what is show in the overview list.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016659
Mobile Version of Website