Foot arch pain

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
Anyone else get pain in the only the arch of their feet after/ during heavy riding?
I only get this from riding my bike and not other activities. I have ride specific shoes for flats and they are super comfortable

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 7:54 Quote
Stiffer shoes maybe. I had an issue with arch pain while riding and it was because my foot was flexing too much.

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 9:12 Quote
I was sent some of these recently to try out (https://www.soulinsole.com/) they are meant to address that exact problem.
I don't have any foot pain myself, but I've worn them several times now and they do offer extra support under the arch. May be worth a try?

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 21:13 Quote
emeraldmtb wrote:
I was sent some of these recently to try out (https://www.soulinsole.com/) they are meant to address that exact problem.
I don't have any foot pain myself, but I've worn them several times now and they do offer extra support under the arch. May be worth a try?

Thanks I’ll give these a shot

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 4:24 Quote
Martron12 wrote:
Anyone else get pain in the only the arch of their feet after/ during heavy riding?
I only get this from riding my bike and not other activities. I have ride specific shoes for flats and they are super comfortable

Hi,
I don't know whether this may your case (I hope not) but some weeks ago I had a plantar fasciitis and defintely hurt more after riding. Try to check with a physician if this maybe the case, hopefully not but just to make sure.

PS: only now I have seen when your comment was posted, sorry. Hopefully now you are back in top shape.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
get better insoles that fit your feet, most shoes including bike shoes have very generic insoles. I have a high arch and need insole to accommodate my feet or else they hurt.

Just because you're riding a bike doesn't mean your insoles are not important.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
Davidemartintoni wrote:
Martron12 wrote:

Hi,
I don't know whether this may your case (I hope not) but some weeks ago I had a plantar fasciitis and defintely hurt more after riding. Try to check with a physician if this maybe the case, hopefully not but just to make sure.

PS: only now I have seen when your comment was posted, sorry. Hopefully now you are back in top shape.

Turned out to be mainly tight calves. I still occasionally get the soreness of the arches of my feet but nothing like it used to be. I started doing stretches and helped a ton. I found the stretches through AlthleneX Jeff Cavalier as a means to prevent plantar fasciitis

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007202
Mobile Version of Website