How To Submit A Trail

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
How To Submit A Trail
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 8, 2018 at 7:24 Quote
I recently walked an established local trail that is not in Trailforks and recorded it. It shows up under MyRidelogs. How do I submit it so that anyone can see it?

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 12:41 Quote
TheOldGoat wrote:
I recently walked an established local trail that is not in Trailforks and recorded it. It shows up under MyRidelogs. How do I submit it so that anyone can see it?

Click to Download GPX (or KML) at your Ridelog.
On website select Trails - Add Trail, after this push GPS Track button, export your track, edit it for the trail length, add another option like difficulty, TTFs, trailbuilders info and Submit it.

Posted: Feb 10, 2018 at 6:09 Quote
Thanks, that helped a lot. I did check one box for a feature that I shouldn't have, will I be able to go back and edit it once the trail is accepted?

Posted: Feb 10, 2018 at 9:33 Quote
TheOldGoat wrote:
Thanks, that helped a lot. I did check one box for a feature that I shouldn't have, will I be able to go back and edit it once the trail is accepted?

Yes, but modifications go through the same approval process.

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 20:15 Quote
I'll be adding a way to add a trail directly from a ridelog this week!

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
I should have added this ages ago, forgot!

You can now create a trail from importing a ridelog directly.

Posted: Apr 14, 2018 at 13:51 Quote
What is the usual time frame to have a trail or region approve ?
Cheers!

Posted: Apr 15, 2018 at 13:12 Quote
dobmaster wrote:
What is the usual time frame to have a trail or region approve ?
Cheers!

Hugely variable - it depends on how pro-active the local admins and other users are in voting to approve trails.

If you look at the confirm page (https://www.trailforks.com/confirm/) you can see some have been queued since Nov 2017.

Posted: May 9, 2018 at 19:50 Quote
This is helpful, thanks. What if you have a ride log that shows some deviations off the path, wrong turns, etc.. Can you edit the line in the web tool to denote what the trail should be? Otherwise, do you have to record a perfectly clean ride log to create a new trail? Thanks.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 4:03 Quote
Staktup wrote:
This is helpful, thanks. What if you have a ride log that shows some deviations off the path, wrong turns, etc.. Can you edit the line in the web tool to denote what the trail should be? Otherwise, do you have to record a perfectly clean ride log to create a new trail? Thanks.
To create trails i use my ride log as a reference and draw the new trails. I find it easyer and cleaner ? But using a clean ride log work's great and could be more accurate. Yes you Can edit your lines. For longer and twister trails...thats what i would do.

It took some time, but my trails did get approved and are now listed Smile and now the mods and new thing i add are approved much quicker.

Mod Plus
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 9:25 Quote
We are finally through a huge backlog of pending content. So approval turn around should be a bit faster now, If a region doesn't have active local admins.

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 17:14 Quote
Hello....I see someone posted our trail system...great job ! But I have one thing that needs to be corrected.
How do I contact that person or am I able to correct it? Says adminkman. Thank you for your reply.

Bev Brown
Rim Nordic

Mod Plus
Posted: May 24, 2018 at 18:40 Quote
rimnordic wrote:
Hello....I see someone posted our trail system...great job ! But I have one thing that needs to be corrected.
How do I contact that person or am I able to correct it? Says adminkman. Thank you for your reply.

Bev Brown
Rim Nordic

Anyone can submit an edit of a trail. On the trail page, click the yellow add/edit button and than click edit trail. Make your edits, be sure to leave a reason for the edit in the edit note section and click submit. Your edit will be sent for review where an admin will approval/rejection your submission.

Leaving an edit note makes it much easier for the admin to see why you made the edit.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 19:25 Quote
I thought perhaps my ridelogs would capture GPS data, but I can't confirm this. Do I need to use Strava to get GPS data of my ridelogs for mapping purposes? Thank you.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 11:10 Quote
No if you record a ride in the Trailforks app and save it, it has the GPS data.

Here are all my ridelogs https://www.trailforks.com/profile/canadaka/ridelog/
Clicking the date on any row, will show the detail and map.

If I were to add a trail, I can import and crop from any of my ridelogs.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016011
Mobile Version of Website