2018 Pipeline Alloy 30

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2018 Pipeline Alloy 30
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 8:47 Quote
Anyone buy one or rode one at the very least? This bike is in my price range, but my LBS doesn't have one in (only has the upper end models) and doesn't plan on getting this model unless someone wants to purchase one. And I don't really want to roll the dice and order one without riding it.
Like to hear some real world feedback

Thanks

Posted: Apr 19, 2018 at 20:09 Quote
If the shop has demos of the pipeline (even in higher end models) take one out, the lower end won't feel so different. I would go for it, my lbs has them and they seem sick!

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 at 7:09 Quote
I haven’t ridden a Pipeline, but love my Altitude. The Pipeline is basically an Altitude with Plus tires. Put on 29 wheels and you would have a bike similar to an Instinct. I looked at the Pipeline but ended up picking the Altitude; however, it would be nice to have 2 sets of wheels (29 and 27.5 plus).

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 23:33 Quote
i bought my pipeline carbon 70 and love it was looking at the stump jumper as well i had one of the first ones and dont regrett my choice. i ride all types of trails it pedals great up the hill and no shortage of confidence on coming down the hill i do have a set of 29's i switch out with for when i ride xc as i do find i get the odd pedal strike with my fatties with such a low bb but you do learn how to adjust your riding with the low bb bracket. all around love the improvements from 2017 to the new 2018 love my fox suspension.

great bike

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 19:18 Quote
Just bought an pipeline 30 used and love it. Gonna trick it out and it’ll be a tougher version than the upriced carbon frames.

Has anyone removed the 10 mm spacer at the bottom of the head tube and run a 150 mm fork? I heard rumours that’s what the bike was designed around.

Just curious as there’s a banging deal on a used fox 34 in my city.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 1:02 Quote
Searched all over, can anyone tell me what their Pipeline Alloy weighs? guessing around 32 lbs but just want to confirm....the carbon is 29-30 lbs with pedals....is it worth saving your $$ on the aluminum?

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
hey all, might pul the plug on one soon, any reviews? lets see them too!

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
Road my 30 for all of last summer was a blast. Took some getting used to for cornering and such since this is my first non 26” wheel bike. I ended up running a 150 mm 34 with the lower headset removed and I was really happy with the change it provided the bike. Also swapped the rear shock and was very impressed with the change it provided me. Actually I swapped everything out except for the wheels and tires I’m pretty sure. It has provided me with a fun robust trail bike. I am comfortable on this bike on everything except the most gnarly dh tracks and even then I can creep through them if I have to. Love this bike as a dedicated small travel train bike.
haven’t gotten a weight on this bad girl yet.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005032
Mobile Version of Website