Nomad 3 vs Nomad 4

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Nomad 3 vs Nomad 4
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 14:50 Quote
Anyone have experience with both Nomad 3 and N4? I didn't see any threads relating to this so i thought id ask.

My little brother is getting into riding bikes, but doesn't want to spend a ton of money on it, so he's looking at either a used N3, or taking the parts off of my bronson (it's too small for both of us) and building up a N4 frame for us both to use.
I've tried the N4 a couple times, and it felt pretty fun on the gnarlier stuff, but it only climbed ok, and it was definitely not as playful as what i usually like, but my brother isn't super skilled and therefore not super confident, so i feel like having more suspension may help him get more comfortable on rough bits and jumps. We're not really able to try an N3 as no shops have them for demo anymore, and it's pretty rare that a seller will let you take their bike out for a couple rides to see how it performs.
The terrain we (I) ride is pretty varied, but 75% of the time its fire road climbs/light single track with minimal switchbacks technical bits, up to descents that have really rocky bits, drops, berms, some jumps but nothing enormous/over 10ft gap. the other 25% we ride more trail oriented type stuff, more technical climbs to flowy single track descents. I'm a little worried that the N4 will be a burden on that 25% of the stuff and i'm wondering if the N3 will be a better mix of all mountain and enduro bike.
Thanks

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 6:12 Quote
here you can see direct comparsion Wink
check it up,man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CvFlC6jajE

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007353
Mobile Version of Website