Riding Sheffield peak district area

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Riding Sheffield peak district area
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 3:34 Quote
Hi, I'm staying in ilkley Friday night and looking to ride peak district area Saturday. Looking for a loop but with good downhills natural and would like to also hit some of the built stuff around Sheffield? Any recommendations? Thanks

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 8:24 Quote
Finter22 wrote:
Hi, I'm staying in ilkley Friday night and looking to ride peak district area Saturday. Looking for a loop but with good downhills natural and would like to also hit some of the built stuff around Sheffield? Any recommendations? Thanks
google Kinder loop. If you've still got owt in the tank head to Wharnecliff /greno side woods.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 6:16 Quote
Is Sheffield a stop off or are you returning to Ilkley?
Greno is about 1h15m away, the heart of the Peak is more like 2 hours.
How long do you want to ride for?
Do you have a map? Any knowledge of the Peak District?

There are loads of routes online, but with the weather, at the moment it's hard to bear the Vertebrate Graphics all weather route.
https://www.v-publishing.co.uk/blog/v-publishing-blog/2014-01-20---free-download-kinder-all-weather-circuit.html

Otherwise, I'd recommend stopping at 18bikes in Hope and asking for advice on the day. The Beast is a cool tech rocky DH and loads around the Hope, Win HIll, Casteton and Ladybower areas.

Greno is a good bet, easy to find, all weather, 3 OK tracks.
Wharncliffe will likely be a muddy mess, also hit by recent tree felling. Nothing is marked, you'll need detailed instructions or someone to show you the best stuff.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031255
Mobile Version of Website