2016 Troy with angleset?

PB Forum :: Devinci
2016 Troy with angleset?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 4:58 Quote
Hi,
all i'm riding a 160 mm fork on Devinci Troy 2016 with HI setup. I think head angle is 67°.
In the last 2 years i rode with LO setup: it was very fast and secure descendig but not so easy to climb, it seems to drive a log tir. Now in HI pedal uphill is too easy.

My idea is to install a -1° Works Components headset. I would like to obtain a easy climbing bike but fast descendant also. The seat tube angle will remain similar but with more aggressive head set angle.

Do you think it will works?

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
It makes sense and is worth trying. You should go ahead and do it and report back on how it works out.

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 11:23 Quote
I've been wondering the same. seems like it will slacken the fork but steepen the headtube of the frame and the seattube.

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 10:58 Quote
In your opiniom whic is difference to ride LO without angleset e HI with angleset?

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 15:20 Quote
Try 2 degrees... huge difference in descending, My Spartan is 11195 wheelbase (from 1170) and 63 head angle from 65.8 due to 180mm fork I use instead of 160. If you like descending then you will be amazed by a slacker headset....

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 22:36 Quote
svratonzo wrote:
Hi,
all i'm riding a 160 mm fork on Devinci Troy 2016 with HI setup. I think head angle is 67°.
In the last 2 years i rode with LO setup: it was very fast and secure descendig but not so easy to climb, it seems to drive a log tir. Now in HI pedal uphill is too easy.

My idea is to install a -1° Works Components headset. I would like to obtain a easy climbing bike but fast descendant also. The seat tube angle will remain similar but with more aggressive head set angle.

Do you think it will works?

What is a -1° Works Components headset and how to get it installed? I'd love to slacken my Troy a bit (I am already running 160mm fork).

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 8:16 Quote
Want to hear more results from this. Getting ready to have the Pike rebuilt on my 2014 Troy. Was thinking of having it switched to 160 travel and going 1 deg. slacker. Does anyone know the head angle you end up with?

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 15:18 Quote
DLCmb wrote:
Want to hear more results from this. Getting ready to have the Pike rebuilt on my 2014 Troy. Was thinking of having it switched to 160 travel and going 1 deg. slacker. Does anyone know the head angle you end up with?

Probably around 65.5. Roughly .5 for raising the fork. Might want to look into offset bushings as well. Raising the fork will raise the bottom bracket. If you do offset bushings on top and bottom, it will get the BB back where it should be, and slacken the HT angle 1 degree. Much cheaper too.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
I installed -1° Works Components headset and everything seems pretty good (over 10 rides so far). The climbing was not negatively impacted and the extra slack is definitely helping on steep descents. I am also running 160 fork and a Cane Creek Coil IL shock.

The bike feels a longer though, so that might make it harder on tight turns but can't say for sure at this point.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
Update: I eventually started getting annoyed from difficulty of taking tight corners fast due to the angleset. It felt like the front wheel was too far ahead and made it the bike less accurate. I switched the geometry to HI and I am loving it so far. HTA is about 66 given the longer fork, 1 degree angleset and HI mode. Also less hitting the pedals on the ground.. as for speed, I am definitely riding faster and strava confirms.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016761
Mobile Version of Website