Partridge Hills Trails Missing from Maps

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Partridge Hills Trails Missing from Maps
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 11:52 Quote
Curious what happened to all the maps of the Partridge Hills area?
I know the trails are there but they've disappeared from the maps!

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 20:03 Quote
The trails are hidden from the public currently. It was requested by the Land Manager. The club is working with them to try and get them sanctioned.

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2018 at 19:06 Quote
I'm just curious, who is the Land Manager of the Partidge Hills ? And why request the " owner" of partridge Hills this step?
Whats going on? Is this crown land, private ? What are the restrictions for public use? Can I buy Partridge Hills :-)

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 16:13 Quote
I don't really know much about the situation, I would contact the local trail association, SIMBS http://simbs.com/

I think some of Partridge Hills is in BC Parks. "Gowlland Tod Provincial Park".

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 15:58 Quote
Hi All:
The land manager is BC Parks mostly. The Partridge Hills area is actually part of the Gowlan Todd park.

The section immediately adjacent to Durrance Lake is managed by CRD Parks - they keep the bathrooms clean and stocked and provide a parking lot and dock for day users.

The borders between park and private land can easily be viewed on the 'OSM' map layer on Trail Forks.

Both land managers have approached TrailForks with a request to remove unsanctioned trails from the map.

SIMBs has been working with BC Parks for several years to map existing trails. More recently, we have been working with parks to identify trails that could remain and trails that could be multi-use and trails that could be regenerated. We are working with local builders to do this. Please understand that the mandates of both BC Parks and CRD Parks are to find a balance between park land preservation and public use, with an emphasis on preservation. If you would like to be a part of this discussion, please email the trails director at: trails@simbs.com', or the simbs board at 'directors@simbs.com'. Ideally, if you are going to partake of this discussion you would have put time into the trails there and have a contiinued interest to contribute time and effort towards the completion of this project.

CRD has not embraced mountain biking management like other regions or municipalities on the island. The present management is not yet ready to work with mountain bikers. Recent inroads into Thetis lake by the Nature Trail Society have come from the CRD Board of Directors, not CRD parks Supervisors who manage Mt work or Partridge Hills. This latter group is who SIMBS has traditionally interacted with. We are working on trying to impress the present Supervisors, but it is a slow process. The only official stance SIMBS can take is with regards Hartland which is where we have traditionally had the mandate to build and maintain trail. We do request that you try to bolster our efforts to be responsible riders and communicate with the land managers.

BC Parks and SIMBS will be holding a two day trail building workshop in a couple of weeks. March 17 is the proposed date. Please keep and eye on the SIMBS FB page, or email the above email addresses if you interested and would like to be a part of this.

Hope this helps.
craig
SIMBS Trails Director

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015006
Mobile Version of Website