Who's had their bike stolen from a storage locker/bike storage room (or knows someone who has)

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Who's had their bike stolen from a storage locker/bike storage room (or knows someone who has)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 10:51 Quote
Looking to get some info from my fellow apartment/condo dwellers as my landlord is trying to force me to keep my bike in the bike storage room instead of my suite. If you've had a bike stolen from a storage locker/bike room or know someone who has, please chime in:

What city?
What time of day?
What security measures were bypassed?

For example:

-Vancouver
-3am
-fob garage door w/camera, fob door w/camera, 2x locks on storage locker door

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 15:06 Quote
Haven't been a victim of theft in this style, but there is no reason you can't keep your bike in your unit. Ask to see your condo bylaws to confirm what he/she is saying. Have lived in condos/apt in the past and never had any issue with storing the bike in my unit or on my balcony. I did catch some flack a few times coming in through the front lobby, understandably...

Posted: Jun 3, 2018 at 15:20 Quote
Another vote for not in the locker.

Years ago before I owned a house I got around the bylaw as it stated no bicycles in the elevators. whenever I got back from a ride I left the front wheel locked safely in the trunk of the car and took the remainder of the bike in the elevator upstairs without the front wheel, therefore it wasn't a bicycle. Lived like that for 5 years.

Posted: Aug 4, 2018 at 22:14 Quote
Yep, north van, fob garage door, fob storage room, two locks on locker, bike is gone. All the above on video

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011959
Mobile Version of Website