Manifesto vs. Hex

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Manifesto vs. Hex
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 11:03 Quote
I recently put together a Norco Manifesto to work on trials and bike handling skills. I have a ZOO Pitbull (long) that I've messed with for a few years off and on but I’ve always really wanted more of a street frame, specifically something that I can bunnyhop and manual.

My question here is will the Norco hold back my progression due to the dirt jumper-like geometry or should I just keep at it for now and get a better frame later if I can bring up my skill level some? I am still kind of a beginner to intermediate, doing some back wheel and pedal kick moves on smallish stuff. I am really thinking about it now because Tartybike has the old Hex in stock at a discount (but still expensive!)

Manifesto geo:
1055, 395, -10, 69 degree head
Hex:
1040, 385, +20, 73 degree

I can already do everything on the Manifesto I could on the ZOO, probably just from riding more plus I am having fun learning to manual and hop. How much better might the Hex be and will it be harder to manual? I do like the wheelbase of the Manifesto.

Thanks to anyone that has any insight or comments about either bike!

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 6:24 Quote
Well if you have a picture of the bike, then post it so we can see the geo and everything cause it's a little hard to work off of numbers, but the hex is definitely a full street trials bike so that might help if your current one is slightly more pure trials(unless you are doing pure). So yeah, post a picture and we'll compare

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 17:49 Quote
I have a Manifesto that I use for street & trails. I was planning on picking up an octane one spark this winter, but decided the manifesto is good enough. I can't compare to a hex as i've never seen one in person.
I just got serious about riding street trials about a year ago.

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 1:38 Quote
I’ll get a picture put up if I can figure out how. That Spark frame looks nice, looks similar to the Manifesto but updated. It would be nice to check out a Hex and see for myself but I’ve only seen one once and didn’t get to ride it. I’m wondering what the length feels like.

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 10:23 Quote
that should really be just fine if you have gears on the back(Can't tell) you might want to ditch them and go single speed, but that should be just fine

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 11:59 Quote
Yea my thinking was to make it more multi purpose with some gears so I set it up 1 x 3. It works but it's been a little bit problematic so I'm going single speed with a chain tensioner. I did a street ride the other day and really didn't use the other gears anyways. I think the derailleur and shifter makes me hold back a little too because I'm afraid to really crash it and tear em up.

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 17:59 Quote
yeah I mean if you had horizontal drop out then that wouldn't be an issue, but even then, you could probably run a bigger rear cog and a bigger front so then the chain tension is better, but that would be trial and error so if you do you would have to go somewhere so that you don't waste a ton of money. You could also try to find the "goldilox gear" where the spacing and everything works out perfectly

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 18:01 Quote
Also, I believe that that is a DJ frame, and I kind of like that idea as a street trials cause it would be easier to manual and whatever, but yeah I like that idea

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 18:28 Quote
The higher BB on the hex would make the trialsy moves easier/more comfortable. The shorter wheelbase makes it spin easier and feel more maneoverable. The steeper head angle makes front end moves a dream. Depending on the year model, you can't run vbrakes/rim brakes on the hex, but the hex will be stronger. Also check out the Czar Neuron 26, just as good, but a fair bit cheaper.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 8:50 Quote
The Manifesto isn't a dirt jumper....it's a trials bike...it was Ryan Leech's signature frame, aka a "street trials" frame.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013164
Mobile Version of Website