2017 Sight Sizing

PB Forum :: Norco
2017 Sight Sizing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 15:08 Quote
Hi, I just picked up a Medium 2017 Sight C9.1. Very excited!

I also ride a Medium 2015 Trance Adv 1 with 780 bars and 50mm stem.

When I compare the two they have somewhat similar measurements.

Reach Top Tube
Giant 425mm 599mm
Norco 432mm 601mm

However, when I get on each bike, the reach on my Giant feels quite a bit longer. The measuring tape has my Giant, with the seat all the way to the front of the rails at 18 inches from stem to front of seat.

The Sight with the seat all the way at the back of the rails is 17 inches from stem to front. A full inch shorter!

Would this be due to the steeper seat tube angle on the Sight at 75 vs the Giant at around 73?

Or does it just 'feel' shorter because it's a 29 and I'm used to a 27.5?

I'm about 5'10 and a Large Sight would be a much better fit but the bike will also be used by my wife who's 5.6 so that's why I got the medium.

Links to each bikes Geo here:
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/trance-advanced-27dot5-1-2015
http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/all-mountain/sight-carbon/sight-c1/

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 21:18 Quote
Take it back, get an aluminum lower spec large for yourself and get your wife an aluminum lower spec women’s specific bike sized for her. You’ll spend the same money and both have bikes you’ll enjoy riding and fit you properly.

Also... you can ride them together! Unless you were trying to avoid that?

I’m 5’10” and am riding a large 2017 aluminum sight... and loving it.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 21:45 Quote
Thanks, but:

1.) That doesn't answer my queation.
2.) I'm keeping my Giant so I don't need 2 Sights.
3.) Carbon for the win!

The difference between a M and L Sight frame is about 1 inch. You can change things around to make a M frame fit exactly the same as a L frame and vice versa....

ianwish wrote:
Take it back, get an aluminum lower spec large for yourself and get your wife an aluminum lower spec women’s specific bike sized for her. You’ll spend the same money and both have bikes you’ll enjoy riding and fit you properly.

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 21:42 Quote
Didn’t realize you were keeping your Giant, so that’s good. You can make up the difference but it won’t be the same bike. Also Norco is one of the very few frame makers who alter the rear triangle for each frame size... so you can’t actually make a M a L.

jaymac10 wrote:
Thanks, but:

1.) That doesn't answer my queation.
2.) I'm keeping my Giant so I don't need 2 Sights.
3.) Carbon for the win!

The difference between a M and L Sight frame is about 1 inch. You can change things around to make a M frame fit exactly the same as a L frame and vice versa....

ianwish wrote:

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008133
Mobile Version of Website