Which is harder DH mountain biking or DH skiing?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Which is harder DH mountain biking or DH skiing?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
So, I was watching the Winter Olympics and DH skiing comes on. and I started wondering which is harder? The skiers where going 70+ miles per hour, but with DH mountain biking its about half that. or less. both sports are doing squats all the way dow, but in mountain biking your going of jumps and going over rocks, roots and all types of nasty stuff. with skiing you are trying to be as aurodynamic as possible, and they do get good air. so I decided to see what everybody on pinkbike thinks.

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 13:44 Quote
What tastes better and looks nicer? Apples or oranges?

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 15:44 Quote
I'd argue it takes more physical skill to ski race at the world cup/olympic level in terms of how subtle the movements/inputs to control the skis are. Not saying the top DH bike racers are unskilled, they are amazing athletes and subtle control/fine movements are required to make the bike do you what you want at race speed... I just think skiing is harder.

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 6:23 Quote
A lot more more people compete in downhill skiing than downhill mtb, so that means the skill level at the top will be higher than the top of downhill mountainbiking.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008162
Mobile Version of Website