Kona stinky 2008 front suspension

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona stinky 2008 front suspension
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 18, 2018 at 2:40 Quote
Hi, I was wondering if there was someone out there that could advise me on the forks I need to replace on my Kona Stinky 2008, I love mountain bikes and riding them but I havn't got a clue as to how to service them, I used to have a good bike shop next door to me who would help me with all this but he's since moved on. I have a pair of single crown roxshox forks at the moment but theyve completely collapsed, I was wondering if repairing them was an option and how I would go about doing that, or if I need new ones which ones will be compatible with my bike. Im looking for a quick fix so that I can get riding it again, I don't tend to take it anywhere extreme, I just like riding it through wood trails etc and road riding with my friend for excercise, i dont put it under any real stress. Need a solution thats good on my pocket but is going to look nice still. I can take photos or measurements of my exsisting forks if anyone needs to know just tell me how to and I'll do it. Thanks Smile

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 1:31 Quote
Ive currently running dualcrown boxxer forks on my 09 stinky, it's probably slighly too tall for the frame.
What kind of rockshox fork have you been running?
I was gonna buy rockshox totem 180 forks since it came with marzocchi 66 180 av forks.
But since i had a boxxer laying around i used it instead, so i would recommend a totem single crown since it has the correct size.
But i wouldnt ride it at roads, they are freeride bikes and are heavy as hell to pedal.
Sounds like you have a too "heavy" bike for what you need.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031521
Mobile Version of Website