Going to Arizona, what should I ride?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Going to Arizona, what should I ride?
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 17:20 Quote
I'm going to be in Sedona next weekend (17th/18th) never ridden there before, but looking for any other riders keen. I'm up for most trails, anything right on the edge of a cliff may cause me to sh*t myself, but otherwise all good!

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 18:06 Quote
Mexar wrote:
Depending on your skill level and what you want to ride, I would highly recommend the Pemberton loop, NE of Phx it self in the Fountain Hills area. Can be a bit of a drive to get to, but there's a massive park with tons and tons of trails to ride.
Green difficulty for the main big loop but very much a fun ride!
I can't remember the name of the park but if you google the Pemberton loop it'll come up easily!
Also a bike shop nearby that does rentals, decent rates, A+++ Customer service!
Awesome. Thx. I'm looking for expert level

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 18:06 Quote
PapaGordo wrote:
South Mountain will probably be your best bet for riding close to phoenix. I think National is one of the most popular trails to ride. You can also check out the west valley:

http://www.westvalleytrailalliance.org/guide-to-west-valley-trails/

I lived in Prescott for roughly 5 years and there is some great riding there. It's roughly 80 miles north of Phoenix and sits at 5400 feet in elevation (perfect elevation in AZ). The Circle Trail (50 mile loop around Prescott on almost all single track) was completed a couple of years ago. There is a huge variety of trails right in Prescott between Granite Basin, Thumb Butte, Emmanuel Pines, Lynx Lake, and White Spar areas. Watson Lake has some very technical trails on slabs of granite. Groom Creek has some great trails about 20 min south of Prescott and Mingus Mountain is roughly 40 min north.

Check out Soul Ride, Manzanita Outdoors, or Ironclad Bicycles for insider tips. Prescott really has as much to offer as a place like Sedona but without the tourists.
Awesome, thanks!!

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 17:11 Quote
Does anybody know about good bike shops at south mountain? Got Sedona all figured out renting from over the edge and getting a guide from hermosa tours. Not to sure about south mountain though any recommendations for trails and bike shops at south?

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 20:41 Quote
Jbondy08 wrote:
Does anybody know about good bike shops at south mountain? Got Sedona all figured out renting from over the edge and getting a guide from hermosa tours. Not to sure about south mountain though any recommendations for trails and bike shops at south?

I don’t have a real recommendation because I haven’t been there personally but this shop is closest and is probably a good place to go first

spokesatsouthmountain.com

If you go to Tucson during your trip JJ’s Bike shop for repairs and Fair Wheel bikes for rentals

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006363
Mobile Version of Website