How are the 2017 or up frames now? Are they stronger?

PB Forum :: Intense
How are the 2017 or up frames now? Are they stronger?
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 6:16 Quote
I'm thinking of getting a 2017 tracer foundation build i want to know if anybody had any issues with frame cracking/breaking? As this bike has to last me for a long while.

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 13:33 Quote
Tougelude wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a 2017 tracer foundation build i want to know if anybody had any issues with frame cracking/breaking? As this bike has to last me for a long while.

This frame is over built and made to take riding with forks up to 180, it had a pretty good down tube protection but I’d spend a few extra bucks on beers and some clear tape, take some time putting it on your chain stays, top tube, ect. I have no doubt this frame will last as long as an aluminum frame. It’s a really nice bike for riding egressive trail to park. Make sure to post pictures of when you get it

FL
Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 18:08 Quote
Awesome Thanks for the info.

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 20:30 Quote
Intense has serious quality controll issues. I will be considering other brands for my next bike.

FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 5:21 Quote
bambaatacas wrote:
Intense has serious quality controll issues. I will be considering other brands for my next bike.

What year is your bike? I've notice its mostly 2016 and older with the issue. But i am looking at other bikes its just at 3k i can have a carbon bike.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 19:29 Quote
I broke 4 2014 carbines, and 2 2016 tracer.

FL
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 20:14 Quote
bambaatacas wrote:
I broke 4 2014 carbines, and 2 2016 tracer.
I saw your getting a 2018 frame what bike is it?

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 6:06 Quote
I convinced Intense to ship me the 2018 tracer. I do not have any faith left in the brand. I hope it will buy me enough time to find a new brand.

FL
Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 6:20 Quote
I see let us know how like it and how its holding up for you

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 19:55 Quote
Sure, I have no problem telling the truth. But if you say a bike will last 5 years. Then ask me to pay for it up front, only break 6 frames on two different models in 3 years, then require me to pay an additional $400+ to recieve the bike you thought you paid for 3.5 year's ago and screw you once again by giving you a 2 year warranty on a brand new frame and require you to use a fork from 2012 on a 2018 bike....... I will keep you posted

Posted: Feb 28, 2018 at 11:58 Quote
bambaatacas wrote:
Sure, I have no problem telling the truth. But if you say a bike will last 5 years. Then ask me to pay for it up front, only break 6 frames on two different models in 3 years, then require me to pay an additional $400+ to recieve the bike you thought you paid for 3.5 year's ago and screw you once again by giving you a 2 year warranty on a brand new frame and require you to use a fork from 2012 on a 2018 bike....... I will keep you posted

If you broke six frames in 3 years, it's time to accept that you break things. Or perhaps refine your riding so you don't. Hundreds if not thousands of riders ride the same frames you broke, on the same or worse terrain, as hard or harder than you ride, with no issues. I'm one of them.

Personally, i'd just not buy $3000 frames.

Sell that 2018 and buy two older alloy frames with the money. That way you have a backup frame when you inevitably break one again.

Posted: Feb 28, 2018 at 20:22 Quote
TheRaven wrote:
bambaatacas wrote:

If you broke six frames in 3 years, it's time to accept that you break things. Or perhaps refine your riding so you don't. Hundreds if not thousands of riders ride the same frames you broke, on the same or worse terrain, as hard or harder than you ride, with no issues. I'm one of them.

Personally, i'd just not buy $3000 frames.

Sell that 2018 and buy two older alloy frames with the money. That way you have a backup frame when you inevitably break one again.

If you have found a way to "refine" the way one rides without riding I am all ears. Selling a frame takes months, which means no riding for months. Lastly I am not the only one breaking bikes intense has the most active broken bike form on PB.
I will ride the piss out of the 2018 tracer.

FL
Posted: Feb 28, 2018 at 21:00 Quote
Check out the 2018 if it look beefer now when you get it

Posted: Mar 1, 2018 at 6:46 Quote
bambaatacas wrote:
I am not the only one breaking bikes intense has the most active broken bike form on PB.
I will ride the piss out of the 2018 tracer.

Nope. Been through this discussion countless times with every brand I know. Every single brand-specific forum on here has the same claims. Go into each one and you'll see the same threads "i've broken *number* of these frames...why does *brand* not make their frames stronger!? *competing brands* don't have these issues!". Every single brand specific forum has the exact same complaints about recurring issues that "no other brands have".

Roughly two years ago, while discussing this exact same thing in the Specialized forum, I did a little research. I typed "broken *insert brand* frame" into google and counted the relevant results. Giant, Trek, and Specialized were 1, 2, and 3 in number of results. No need to explain that one any further. Intense wasn't even in the top 10. Santa Cruz and Scott were though, again not surprisingly.

The bottom line is - bike frames break. If you break six frames in 3 years, YOU are the one who needs to change.

Personally, i'm not buying your story - no one breaks that many frames, goes all over the forum to bash the brand, and then just keeps riding that same brand.

Posted: Mar 3, 2018 at 6:01 Quote
I am on an intense because I can't afford to buy a new bike every other year. I plan to ride out the warranty then switch brands. Why wouldn't I keep riding their bikes if they keep fixing them. I paid $0 for frames and was given a discount on a float x2. I am not bashing I am telling about my personal experience. Put down you shield and sword be careful who you accuse of lieing. I have photos, email corrispondance, and ups tracking info for all warranty transactions. Go ahead take me to court. Or train me how to ride so I don't brake bikes.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024750
Mobile Version of Website