How are the 2017 or up frames now? Are they stronger?

PB Forum :: Intense
How are the 2017 or up frames now? Are they stronger?
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 14:47 Quote
my m8 has just had his 2017 tracer 275 carbon frame replace as it cracked around the H mount attachment point near the bottom bracket , bike is 4 months old . his previous bike which was a trek remedy 7 iirc has dome about 4000miles without issues other than the usual wear and tear . most of the frame bearings were buggered too and hes not a serial cleaner and keeps it well maintained . not a great start at all

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 21:34 Quote
Intense makes really good bikes these days. The quality is top notch and their customer service is too. Their frames can handle some serious abuse. The price you can get them at nowadays makes them the best value on the market. If you're breaking new Intense bikes, than you will break any bike.

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 22:20 Quote
My 2018 is on the fritz. It seems like the sleeve through the fram on the down tube has failed. I am amazed that my stans no tube rim has outlasted multiple intense frames. Kudos to stans no tubes.

Posted: Feb 28, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
bambaatacas wrote:
My 2018 is on the fritz. It seems like the sleeve through the fram on the down tube has failed. I am amazed that my stans no tube rim has outlasted multiple intense frames. Kudos to stans no tubes.

dude... its you....

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 3:56 Quote
Some how the laws of physics like me less than the guys to take the same bike and ride park style features. Which I have yet to do. If abuse or misuse where to blame why wouldn't the wheels go first?

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 5:27 Quote
bambaatacas wrote:
Some how the laws of physics like me less than the guys to take the same bike and ride park style features. Which I have yet to do. If abuse or misuse where to blame why wouldn't the wheels go first?

That depends completely on the impact...wheels are elastic in nature, designed to absorb shock. So a correctly built wheel will absorb some of the impact and transmit some of it to the frame. Wheels are able to deform pretty significantly in a controlled way, frames have a far lower tolerance for deformation.

And then there's the types of impacts that i've personally seen break frames - ones that don't even involve the wheels at all. That's not to say that's what's happening in your case though.

I still think you would be much better off going with multiple cheaper alloy frames given your experiences - constantly breaking frames has got to be putting a damper on your riding experience...I know i'd be paranoid as hell that i'm going to break my frame any second, and wouldn't be riding at 100% as a result.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 22:28 Quote
I am definitely considering alloy, I have learned to prioritize durability over weight savings. Although the warranty is most important of all. Most companies offer longer warranties on carbon frames. Choices are: plan for the frame not to fail or fail to plan for when it does.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 22:29 Quote
I am definitely considering alloy, I have learned to prioritize durability over weight savings. Although the warranty is most important of all. Most companies offer longer warranties on carbon frames. Choices are: plan for the frame not to fail or fail to plan for when it does fail.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013804
Mobile Version of Website