Injured and Anxious

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 13:50 Quote
Hey fellow PinkBikers,

So I broke my ankle over the weekend in a snowmobile accident Facepalm I was getting super pumped to go shred in the next couple of weeks because the snow is almost gone but now I'll be out for 6-8 weeks. Any ideas for getting that mtb fix? What are some activities I can do to stay active and fit? I'm 20 btw.

Thanks,
Leif

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 13:56 Quote
rum501 wrote:
Hey fellow PinkBikers,

So I broke my ankle over the weekend in a snowmobile accident Facepalm I was getting super pumped to go shred in the next couple of weeks because the snow is almost gone but now I'll be out for 6-8 weeks. Any ideas for getting that mtb fix? What are some activities I can do to stay active and fit? I'm 20 btw.

Thanks,
Leif

Just some advice for you..I'm almost 70, and have broken both my ankle's from racing motorcycles, all I can say is..Let your bone Heal before doing anything that could aggravate the healing process. Trust me that if you don't let the bones heal properly, you'll regret in the years to come. Heal up...That's all I got..Big Grin

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 16:24 Quote
Stay off your ankle and let it heal. Doing anything that could potentially make it worse could ultimately make you have to wait longer to ride bikes. Often times your ankle will heal up a lot faster, and youll get to ride sooner. in the meantime, just keep in good physical fitness by using a rowing machine, pull ups. if youre gentle and heal quickly, you might get to go swimming and that is a great way to use all the muscles in your body. Otherwise, give yourself time to heal and youll be glad later

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 18:56 Quote
I'm with ya. I just broke my ankle and ripped some ligaments three weeks ago while riding. I had to have surgery. Got a heavy metal ankle now. I got my first follow up tomorrow, so if it goes well, I will let you know what I have been doing to keep my body from deteriorating while out of commission. I'm a little older than you at 42. I agree with the others. At your age, let it heal right so you don't end up with problems down the road. It is absolutely not worth rushing. I am looking at a solid 3 months at least, before I am cleared to at least go back to work. I am a firefighter, so we need to be 110% fit for duty. You may be back a lot sooner. Good luck to you, and let your self heal !!

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 19:54 Quote
It'll be some time until you're back to regular. It sucks, for sure. If shortening the timeline is a 'must' for you, I'd start working with a physical therapist as soon as you can make a trip to the grocery store without needing crutches or a boot.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 19:58 Quote
dude that sucks get well soon just stay off the bike and spend the gas money on mtb films get well soon

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007783
Mobile Version of Website