Are ZHI Street trials bikes any good?

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Are ZHI Street trials bikes any good?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 26, 2018 at 12:58 Quote
I am looking at buying a street trials bike and was wondering what your guys thoughts on ZHI bikes are.

Posted: Feb 26, 2018 at 13:40 Quote
They are crap. Stay away.

I ran an online trials shop for a few years and made the mistake of dealing with Zhi. I thought "hey other shops don't carry so I won't be competing at least as far as the brand is concerned." Should've realized it was a sign. The quality is horrible, about 20% of my stock showed up with defects too bad to use. The metals is really poor quality and you'll probably be getting crap for parts.

Czar (made by echo) are a pretty good place to start on the low end of the budget.

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 8:50 Quote
So what about the inspired because? I’m looking for a budget friendly bike to start out with, so I don’t need the top models and brands.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 9:01 Quote
MTBingSpartan wrote:
So what about the inspired because? I’m looking for a budget friendly bike to start out with, so I don’t need the top models and brands.

Inspired is great. Probably will cost a bit more than Czar, but will be a good bike.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 11:18 Quote
cwtrials wrote:
MTBingSpartan wrote:

Inspired is great. Probably will cost a bit more than Czar, but will be a good bike.
I found a “because” from Jump Bikes, a seller here on pink bike that is only 700 usd

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 6:45 Quote
MTBingSpartan wrote:
cwtrials wrote:
MTBingSpartan wrote:

I found a “because” from Jump Bikes, a seller here on pink bike that is only 700 usd

The because frames are pretty solid, however some of the complete builds are fairly horrible. Most likely you won't be able to get an accurate complete spec from the seller on it (chances are he doesn't actually have it in hand and orders it after you order it than ships it to you) Some of the cheap Because complete builds come with square taper bottom brackets, crappy freewheels, generic v-brakes, and other questionable off brand parts.

That isn't to say a because couldn't be built up nicely, I had a pretty kickass one a few years back, but tread with caution concerning the parts on it.

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 7:04 Quote
These are the specs, I’m a newb so I’m not sure no nice they are but they sound alright. Also it is 850usd
Frame: BECAUSE 24" STREET Tapered---NEW
Fork: BECAUSE FORK 24"
Stem: OWN 90X30° STREET---NEW
Headset: NEON Integraed
Handlebar: OWN Riser
BB: BECAUSE ISIS Integrated
Bashguard: BECAUSE Ring
Grips: BECAUSE Rubber
Cranks: BECAUSE 170mm
Pedals: LP Caged
Rims: BECAUSE Double Wall Street 24"
Tires: MAXXIS High Roller 24''
Spokes: BECASUE Stainless
Freewheel: NEON108.9
Hubs: NEON/ZHIE Disc
Chain: YBN 747
Cog: BECAUSE Cog 14T
Brakes: CSC X5 Hydraulic Disc
Saddle: ZHI Padded ---SOFT

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
Did you ever get that Because bike?

I saw bikes on the Jump Bikes website (its chinese jumpbikes.cn or something)

I am looking at the SAW double through axle bike. I think the components are probably not great, but for a full bike at $1200, it will be a worthwhile gamble.

Anyone have any experience with the SAW brand?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010592
Mobile Version of Website