Show Off Your YT

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 21:27 Quote
goldfly wrote:
I usually just lube the chain and put sram butter on all seals.

After a particularly muddy ride the other day I hosed the bike off like I usually do, but now I have a nasty creaking. It's most noticeable when applying pressure to the pedals and sounds like it's coming from the BB, but I'll have to do some digging to figure out what the issue is.

I just developed that too..

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 6:47 Quote
gorgefreerider wrote:
goldfly wrote:

After a particularly muddy ride the other day I hosed the bike off like I usually do, but now I have a nasty creaking. It's most noticeable when applying pressure to the pedals and sounds like it's coming from the BB, but I'll have to do some digging to figure out what the issue is.

What cranks do you guys have? If raceface with cinch mount, try taking off the chainring and applying grease to the interface where it mounts the the crank arm and then install the lockring to proper torque.

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 6:56 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
gorgefreerider wrote:
goldfly wrote:

What cranks do you guys have? If raceface with cinch mount, try taking off the chainring and applying grease to the interface where it mounts the the crank arm and then install the lockring to proper torque.

They are the RF Aeffect. Yes I think it is the cinch mount. What I cant figure out is how it comes apart.

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 7:02 Quote
The crank comes off with a regular allen wrench, the chainring needs to be removed by a special tool. I use this one: http://www.jensonusa.com/JensonUSA-26BB-Bottom-Bracket-Tool

Make sure you eat your wheaties beforehand... it takes a significant amount of force.

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 8:00 Quote
goldfly wrote:
The crank comes off with a regular allen wrench, the chainring needs to be removed by a special tool. I use this one: http://www.jensonusa.com/JensonUSA-26BB-Bottom-Bracket-Tool

Make sure you eat your wheaties beforehand... it takes a significant amount of force.

Ahh, ok. Thanks for the tip.

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
goldfly wrote:

Happened to my old xc bike. The clicking (for me was every pedal rotation under power) was because I had bent my cranks... But could be as simple a fix as a new bb

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 13:06 Quote
My 2015 CF Pro Race ready for this weekend's Hope PMBA Enduro.

Upgrades/changes include:

-Fox X2 rear shock with offset bushings as they were too long for this year's frame
-Bikeyoke Revive 160 dropper
-Hope Tech V4 front and rear 203mm
-DT Swiss EX511's on Hope Pro 4 hubs
-Contintental Der Baron tyres
-DMR Vault pedals
-XT gears
-Hope Stem

Yt capra
Yt capra
Yt capra

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 13:45 Quote
Damn. Drool

I gotta ask though, why the yellow?!

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 15:12 Quote
jkelm wrote:
Damn. Drool

Ha thanks man. The frame is just how I received it from the previous owner. I think the yellow sets it off quite well, but maybe we're all a bit biased when it comes to our own bikes!

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 6:25 Quote
antigit wrote:
jkelm wrote:
Damn. Drool

Ha thanks man. The frame is just how I received it from the previous owner. I think the yellow sets it off quite well, but maybe we're all a bit biased when it comes to our own bikes!

I freaking love the red/black/silver combo though, so rad.

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 7:12 Quote
After first ride & wash with 2017 jeffsy Razz

Feels pretty solid one after 6 years old Radon XC bike.
Changed tyres for Rekon 2.6" and suprisingly width of those is the same than 2,4" HR II. Guess the air volume of the tyres raised a bit. Probably this have something to do with rim size, which unfurtunate aren´t 30mm...

Posted: May 5, 2018 at 13:08 Quote
2017 Jeffsy CF XL
Onza Ibex Skinwall

Posted: May 6, 2018 at 4:38 Quote
No better feeling than starting the riding season on a new bike !!!
First ride

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 12:11 Quote
I’d love to show off my yt but delivery has been pushed back twice now and I don’t have it,however they have my money.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010099
Mobile Version of Website