Transition Sentinel frame sizing

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Sentinel frame sizing
Previous Page |
Posted: Mar 4, 2018 at 19:08 Quote
Hey, just wondering what size frame everyone is riding for Transition frames. I am looking at a Carbon Sentinel frame. I am 6’2” with 34”inseam. I am between a large and XL. Pretty good reach on the large but short top tube and seat tube. XL is good but pretty long reach.
Any experience or insight on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Posted: Mar 4, 2018 at 20:03 Quote
Just rode one today. I’m same stats as you and the large was perfect. Xl was huge. If you are racing, maybe the stability of the xl would be handy, but as a trail tackler I preferred the maneuverability of the large....

By the way, the sentinel freaking rips. It can’t go fast enough. So comfortable and fun. Eye opener for sure

Posted: Mar 4, 2018 at 20:22 Quote
...and not related to sizing, but gotta say the transition dudes are very cool people and can ride a bike. Awesome to see a company that is truly rad to the core and is all about fun on bikes. Thumbs up for the brand

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 7:35 Quote
I'm also 6'2" with 34 inseam.

I rode a xl with 35mm stem, and it feels shorter than my xl delirium with 35mm stem.

I was surprised how small the xl sentinel felt when I sat on it. Does not feel like 500mm reach.

I'd get the xl, unless you really like a smaller bike.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 11:35 Quote
Thanks guys. Wow, very tricky decision with the long reach but short overall TT length.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 11:44 Quote
I’m a 1/2” taller and the XL fit like a glove

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 19:16 Quote
Thank you. This helps with my decision. Looks like xl is the way to go as I will be pedalling this bike as well as ripping descents.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 0:20 Quote
For descending a larger frame gives you more stability and less quick the feeling of an otb. Super short stem on the bike and go... and when you have to pedal up standing on your bike. The extra reach is awesome. So I would take a XL

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 10:53 Quote
Exactly what I believe. Thank you.

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 at 4:42 Quote
Gee. Talk about confusing. You 6’2”? Isn’t there a ton of seatpost showing?

Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 20:04 Quote
I’m 6’1.5, and XL is perfect. Very unique feeling at first, but rides like a rocketship.

My stembolt yo seat post clamp distance is 3.5 cm longer than my old gen Spartan, stem 1xm shorter. It feels nowhere as big as it is, it’s unbelievable!

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 18:20 Quote
Anyone else?

I’m 6’2” debating the L and XL. Sat on XL, and felt a little big, but riding it around in the parking lot it didnt feel like “too much”. Still, the bike itself feels like a slack monster truck, and I’m thinking the Large will be more maneuverable. Store didnt have large to try.

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 20:42 Quote
I ended up going with an XL and it felt spot on for pedalling. It was a bit cumbersome in the tighter stuff but very comfortable for pedalling and downhill. A large would be a bit more manoeuvrable but might be a bit cramped for climbing. The XL had me stretched out perfectly for pedalling and climbing steep stuff.

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 21:36 Quote
6'2" and 34" inseam with Large pre-sbg Scout. I went with L but i prefer a smaller frame. I dont feel too cramped on it while climbing and it works well with a 170mm dropper. That said i could have gone with an XL and it would have been just fine.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015132
Mobile Version of Website