Transition Sentinel frame sizing

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Sentinel frame sizing
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 1:02 Quote
I add this to any size conversation: "forget" your inseam, consider your wingspan.

Since bikes are that low nowadays and if your a between sizes you won't have any problems with the seatpost (moooost probably) of the larger frame but you'll still be confused about the different advices from ppl with same height. This is not only because of riding preferences (stable vs. playful) but also because of the different wingspans.
For example: I'm almost 6'1" with ~ 6'4" wingspan (currently on a large Patrol with 50mm stem, but I'm willing to size up soon since the L feels a bit small); another guy with 6'1" can have a 6' wingspan and the large frame feels spot on for him. Even that's not a strict rule, think about wingspan also, not only height and inseam.

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 10:43 Quote
6'5 rider here and I'm on an XL Smuggler, and would be on an XL Sentinel too. My Smuggler feels roomier than my previous bike, but I still am planning on upping the stem 10mm to a 50mm (vs the stock 40mm it came with). I think you'd be fine on an XL with stock stem.

Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 22:56 Quote
Hey, I’m 6’1” and am considering picking up a carbon Sentinel frame very soon. I’ve ridden both the L and XL and could make either work, though I’d run a 50-55mm stem if I went with a large. Thoughts?

I rode the XL down in Moab on more open terrain and it fit great. Just wondering if the sprawling 1270+ wheelbase is gonna be a hindrance on my local, sometimes twisty forested singletrack trails. If I lived down there I’d go XL without a second thought. I keep flip flopping and nobody local has an XL to try on home trails.

I find the bike does ride smaller than it’s numbers. The 1247wb large just handles waaay better than my 1215ish current bike and feels exactly 0% cumbersome. Some kinda voodoo baked into the geo no doubt.

Posted: Nov 1, 2018 at 8:49 Quote
I'm 6'1 and rode both a L and XL on a demo day. The XL felt sooo much better on both the climbs and decents. Both guys at the Transition stand said my seated and attack posture was much better on the XL.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010427
Mobile Version of Website