2015 vs 2017 process

PB Forum :: Kona
2015 vs 2017 process
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 22:42 Quote
After around a year on my medium process and Im ready to finally move on to the large size.

Im set on just buying a frame and swapping my parts over. I love the OG process, my only complaint being that I tend to run a lot of rear sag to make things feel good at high speed. I ride 90% stuff that scares me, with the occasional flat trail ride.

Wondering if anyone has time on the updated geo bike? Thinkin maybe I would miss the steeper HA of the older bike in flatter trails.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 9:19 Quote
I have the 2018 Process, 29r.

I rode a very flat trail yesterday, and definitely could tell I had the "wrnog" bike for flowy singletrack.

But I think i have the right bike for me. That being said, I am going to be building a Honzo as well for when I know I am going to singletrack.

I run the rear shock about 20-30psi higher than I should to make it feel more like a hard tail, but we also dont have the super gnarly terrain around here (that I have found) to ride yet.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 15:06 Quote
I ended up getting the 2017. I'll throw a comparison up here once I get some time on it.

Posted: Aug 1, 2018 at 14:06 Quote
Hey Skerby, how did the 2017 Process work out for you? Ive been toying with the idea of fitting an angle headset to my 2015 model for a while now to slacken it out a bit. Love the way it rides as it is but just curious i guess.

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 12:18 Quote
Hey guy. Ended up buying a 2015 Patrol frame size L. Im happier with the sizing(460mm reach), but I wish I had gotten something a little longer.

The Patrol is slacker and I like that a lot, been toying with the idea of an angleset too.

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 7:50 Quote
trigrwoods wrote:
Hey Skerby, how did the 2017 Process work out for you? Ive been toying with the idea of fitting an angle headset to my 2015 model for a while now to slacken it out a bit. Love the way it rides as it is but just curious i guess.

i put a 1degree works components headset in my 2014 111 with a 130 fork, which brings it to ~66.5. Definitely an improvement in higher speed descents and rough trail. I only had to make slight adjustments when riding locally. Just had to be a little more deliberate with steering.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009979
Mobile Version of Website