The YT shipping and waiting discussion thread

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The YT shipping and waiting discussion thread
Posted: Apr 21, 2018 at 9:49 Quote
Erotomania wrote:
I’m not doubting the product, it just seems YT needs to invest a little more into operations. Uncertain wait times and delivery doesn’t help the buying direct model. I mean we are all waiting on 2018 bikes, as the rest of the industry is rolling out 2019.

The 2018 vs 2019 thing is kinda silly though. They could easily have sent the bikes to the distribution centres in different countries and waited until nowish to do the press release for the "2019" models with immediate availability for some of them. The year attached the bike is kinda symbolic, it doesn't mean much.

In terms of availability I assume the wait times are assuming minimal delays in customs. Also the components might be delayed for various reasons (shipping, production capacity, etc) which would cause one model to be more delayed than another.

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 at 10:52 Quote
coaster156 wrote:

The 2018 vs 2019 thing is kinda silly though. They could easily have sent the bikes to the distribution centres in different countries and waited until nowish to do the press release for the "2019" models with immediate availability for some of them. The year attached the bike is kinda symbolic, it doesn't mean much.

In terms of availability I assume the wait times are assuming minimal delays in customs. Also the components might be delayed for various reasons (shipping, production capacity, etc) which would cause one model to be more delayed than another.

Maybe, maybe not. 2019 bikes will have 2019 components, and that matters when fox and Rockshox have updated most of their lines for 2019. For some of YT’s models and sizes showing October availability, that might make a difference to buyers.

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 13:26 Quote
Erotomania wrote:
coaster156 wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. 2019 bikes will have 2019 components, and that matters when fox and Rockshox have updated most of their lines for 2019. For some of YT’s models and sizes showing October availability, that might make a difference to buyers.

But they are 1/2 the price of all other makes (except canyon and Intense, where they are just a bit cheaper)

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 14:06 Quote
Anybody is waiting for their YT showing availability on 4/25/2018 in the US? Can't wait my CF pro race 27!

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 14:32 Quote
Just got an email and looks like it's on track for shipment this week.

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 4:41 Quote
I appreciate this is a bit of a thick question, but when do the 2019 bikes become available?

Or is that like asking if the all day breakfast is served all day.....

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 5:52 Quote
Rance wrote:
I appreciate this is a bit of a thick question, but when do the 2019 bikes become available?

Or is that like asking if the all day breakfast is served all day.....

YT usually does an update in late fall or early winter. They don't do the year ahead models like other brands do. I think the capra was announced in Feb this winter?

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 6:08 Quote
Waiting on my Jeffsy 29 Pro race in XL. Ordered 19MAR, initial delivery was 18APR, Now have two emails saying either it's arriving today 25APR, or was pushed to 09MAY. Thinking about reaching out to YT again as the waiting/suspense in killing me.

Riding a Salsa Blackborow fatbike to pass the time. Anticipating the Jeffsy is going to feel like a rocketship by comparison.

When will then be now?????? Soon.....

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 7:17 Quote
mtbiker278 wrote:
Waiting on my Jeffsy 29 Pro race in XL. Ordered 19MAR, initial delivery was 18APR, Now have two emails saying either it's arriving today 25APR, or was pushed to 09MAY. Thinking about reaching out to YT again as the waiting/suspense in killing me.

Riding a Salsa Blackborow fatbike to pass the time. Anticipating the Jeffsy is going to feel like a rocketship by comparison.

When will then be now?????? Soon.....
I got the 27 CF pro race on order and was scheduled for 4/25, got confirmation from YT that the container would arrive this week, and shows as in stock on the website since yesterday,

I hope you'll get yours too, 6/6 on the website for the 29er is probably if you were to order today.

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 9:43 Quote
Capra 27 Al Comp with a date of May 9. Couldn't be more excited for my first bike this is going to be the longest few weeks ever!

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 16:29 Quote
For Canadian Capra orders. I Ordered the Capra 29 CF pro April 14th wth an availability of April 25th. Emailed today, and the ship docks in Vancouver April.28th. The bikes will be shipped out a few days after that. Looks like another couple weeks wait time.

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 16:30 Quote
My Capra 27 AL was ordered March 8th and supposed to roll out 4/18..then they said middle of this week. Now it’s 5/6. I’ve lost all confidence in knowing when I’ll actually see my bike.

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 16:33 Quote
That’s pretty greasy. Was hoping they would have ironed out some of the kinks in their North American distribution by now.

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 16:58 Quote
Must be spending too much money on Arron Gwin.

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 17:26 Quote
Getting a little frustrated myself. Ordered my CF Pro on 3/28 which as of yesterday is showing in stock but still no shipping confirmation. I've been told it will ship this week. I know they probably have a lot of orders to fill but still annoying to have to wait. Especially since they charge your CC the full amount when you place the order. I think it would be more reasonable to charge a deposit when you place the order and then the balance when it ships. It's not like they are custom builds.

I'm on the east coast so i have yet another week to wait after it ships.

Hope it's worth the wait!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011814
Mobile Version of Website