The YT shipping and waiting discussion thread

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The YT shipping and waiting discussion thread
Posted: May 4, 2018 at 10:19 Quote
Was told Wednesday Canadian orders due for April 25th are shipping out this week. I’m not holding my breath though.

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 12:33 Quote
Placed an order on the 23.04 the bike is leaving with DHL on Monday. It will take less time than ordering a bike for my wife at the LBS.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2018 at 14:30 Quote
GunRack wrote:
For Canadian orders.

I know it seems like common sense, but i feel if the boat is scheduled for arrival at X, then delivery to Kelowna HQ is Y. Then X+Y (+ a couple days) should be the availability date. Who knows though i guess there is always unforeseen delays. I think it would be wise if they would simply pad their availability dates. So your suddenly surprised your bike shipped early or at the least on time rather than two or three weeks late.

Agree. They (YT HQ and YT Canada/JM) should have learned enough about logistics and supply chain by now to give realistic dates. Or they should just look at their history and figure out the average delay and build that into expected ship date. It would save them so many phone calls/emails and if they happen to beat it and deliver early, great!

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 14:37 Quote
No doubt, they are still quite new. I’m sure they are thinking the exact same thing and will make necessary adjustments in the future.

Good news is my CF pro 29 was just shipped! To be fair they were bang on with communicating what was going on and they did manage to get it out this week. Stoked!

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 22:56 Quote
gramboh wrote:
GunRack wrote:
For Canadian orders.

I know it seems like common sense, but i feel if the boat is scheduled for arrival at X, then delivery to Kelowna HQ is Y. Then X+Y (+ a couple days) should be the availability date. Who knows though i guess there is always unforeseen delays. I think it would be wise if they would simply pad their availability dates. So your suddenly surprised your bike shipped early or at the least on time rather than two or three weeks late.

Agree. They (YT HQ and YT Canada/JM) should have learned enough about logistics and supply chain by now to give realistic dates. Or they should just look at their history and figure out the average delay and build that into expected ship date. It would save them so many phone calls/emails and if they happen to beat it and deliver early, great!

Apparently yt canada has been telling some potential customers that whatever date the yt website says, add at least a month. There are hundreds of orders that need to be shipped ahead of those who haven't paid yet so I think it's good they're at least being honest.

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 23:34 Quote
Ordered a Jeffsy on the 30th, shipped out the 3rd (seemed like they were waiting for paypal clearance), ETA is the 9th.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2018 at 10:56 Quote
Placed an order for the CF Pro 29 in XL on May the fourth. At the time of order YT was saying the bike would be available May 9th but just before I submitted it the date changed to June something.

I shot YT an email and Elliott responded right away (within 15 mins and it was late on a Friday afternoon) confirming that my order got in for the May 9th availability. He said the bike should ship by that Friday (May 11th).

Cheers - thanks for all the entertaining & informative posts throughout the forums to help pass the time of waiting.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 9:00 Quote
nabooska wrote:
Placed an order for the CF Pro 29 in XL on May the fourth. At the time of order YT was saying the bike would be available May 9th but just before I submitted it the date changed to June something.

I shot YT an email and Elliott responded right away (within 15 mins and it was late on a Friday afternoon) confirming that my order got in for the May 9th availability. He said the bike should ship by that Friday (May 11th).

Cheers - thanks for all the entertaining & informative posts throughout the forums to help pass the time of waiting.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Nice! Sounds like they're getting a container in of the XLs, in which case mine should ship out at the same time. Stoked!

O+
Posted: May 7, 2018 at 12:13 Quote
mtbiker278 wrote:
nabooska wrote:

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Nice! Sounds like they're getting a container in of the XLs, in which case mine should ship out at the same time. Stoked!

That's definitely a possibility man. Right now the availability date for the Jeffsy 29 CF Pro is June 13th. Not to encourage bogging their CS team down with emails but it's worth shooting them one just to get an idea of when your bike will be available.

I included my order number and Elliott got back to me right away. Awesome!

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 12:15 Quote
Another delayed shipping update today,how many more delays will I have to get ?you took my money yt,and now you’re taking my time...,is it really worth it?I’m not sure at this point

*paid them March 28th

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 14:55 Quote
mtbakerpow wrote:
Another delayed shipping update today,how many more delays will I have to get ?you took my money yt,and now you’re taking my time...,is it really worth it?I’m not sure at this point

*paid them March 28th
I paid on March 6th and I have a first week of June delivery now. Delayed 2 weeks they say.

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 16:12 Quote
cupophil wrote:
mtbakerpow wrote:

*paid them March 28th
I paid on March 6th and I have a first week of June delivery now. Delayed 2 weeks they say.

Which model/spec did you order?
I’m waiting on the base model Capra

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 20:36 Quote
Im waiting on a large Capra AL. I spoke to Elliott this morning and the container hadn’t arrived yet, but he said it’ll be on there and ship this week. Now I’m not so sure, we’ll see what they say tomorrow.

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 21:12 Quote
Erotomania wrote:
Im waiting on a large Capra AL. I spoke to Elliott this morning and the container hadn’t arrived yet, but he said it’ll be on there and ship this week. Now I’m not so sure, we’ll see what they say tomorrow.
They told me they got mine this morning but wouldn’t ship out till mid week,we are waiting on the same

Posted: May 8, 2018 at 15:23 Quote
mtbakerpow wrote:
cupophil wrote:
mtbakerpow wrote:

*paid them March 28th

Which model/spec did you order?
I’m waiting on the base model Capra
CF Pro 275 chalk white.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012147
Mobile Version of Website