Fox 36 travel issue.

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Fox 36 travel issue.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 20:48 Quote
Purchased a used 2017 36 float 160mm. I had a lbs change the travel to 140mm and do a tune up. Not until I mounted it on my bike I noticed I was getting no more than 128mm from seal to crown.
I have tried releasing all of the air very slowly and cycling the fork before pumping up again. It doesn't want to extend any further than around 128mm.
Shop is an hour away so I'm hoping I can fix this myself. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 at 5:00 Quote
Clean each seal, stick a zip tie into each, and pull up.

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 20:06 Quote
I had the same thing happen to me. I tried releasing all of the air, then over pumping but it didn't work. I tried burping the fork with a zip tie and it helped a little, but be careful to not stick it too deep or do it multiple times. I ripped apart the foam washers, luckily I did a lower leg service to take care of that. The lower leg service helped a little too. The thing that did the trick was releasing all of the air and opening the air cap. The metal rod just gets pulled put. When I did this I heard a large release of air that was trapped. Check the bottom of the rod if there is a clump of grease. I found a huge clump that clogged and didn't let air out of the negative pressure chamber. That was the thing that really fixed my fork for not getting all it's travel. Hope this helped.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013793
Mobile Version of Website