What DH bike should I buy

PB Forum :: Downhill
What DH bike should I buy
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 8:45 Quote
Hello Pinkbikers,

I am struggling to decide which DH bike to buy. I am 185 (6'1'') about 80-85 kg. This will be my first DH bike but I don't think that matters anyway. I was riding an enduro bike but I don't like pedaling and need more travel because I only ride the DH trails. I will be riding park, probably no races. I want it to be progressive with no brake jack and approx 450 reach. I have a budget of 2500euro.

I am wondering between yt tues, devinci wilson, demo, gt fury. Open for other suggestions maybe besides canyon as I've heard they have a lot of issues and terrible support. Help! Big Grin

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 12:05 Quote
I really like my Norco Aurum, no brake jack, very progressive rear suspension with a very soft bottom out(feels bottomless 95% of the time). It's very playful on jumps, and also solid on fast downhill tracks.

But I don't think any of the new DH bikes have brake jack.
Just do some research and buy whatever you like most, or can get the best deal on. You can't go wrong with most brands these days in my opinion.

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 12:34 Quote
From your list, I hear a lot of good feedback about the Wilson & Tues.
You could also look at the Scott Gambler, or the Banshee Darkside, however I do not know if they will fit your budget.

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 19:00 Quote
Don´t go with the Wilso. It is ridiculously small.
I´m 180cm and i would have to ride a XL to feel comfortable on the bike. It is a great riding bike, just not for riders over 180cm.
Not a fan of the fury personally. overly complicated without any real gains.
I´d probably go Tues, but also consider the Solid Strike (L/XL). Perfect progression, never (literally never) bottoms out, great suspension performance, great price and great geometry. Superb support from the manufacturer, they will help you with anything and turn themselves upside down to sort things out for you if necessary.
I like the Norco too, but haven´t tried one yet.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 2:31 Quote
What about a Demo or Saracen. Does anybody have any feedback? Saracen have really nice spec for the money.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 10:04 Quote
Demo is way overpriced for what it offers. More bling than anything really.
Haven´t tried a Saracen, but they do look really good. If i was considering a new frame it´d be in my top 4.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 15:09 Quote
Which would be the others? Big Grin

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 16:14 Quote
Solid Strike, Propain Rage CF, Saracen Myst and whatever GT is cooking up with that new prototype as well as Norco´s new Prototype.
Those are the only ones i might feel tempted to swap my current Strike for Smile

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 17:05 Quote
You can't go wrong with anything really. Its a tough choice. I ride a gambler 710 mainly because it was within my price range. I like it. I've also ridden an aurum and maiden, both solid bikes. No complaints.

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 17:45 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
You can't go wrong with anything really. Its a tough choice. I ride a gambler 710 mainly because it was within my price range. I like it. I've also ridden an aurum and maiden, both solid bikes. No complaints.

Pretty much. Gambler is another great choice. Such a solid and dialed bike and pricing is decent too.

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 2:05 Quote
Thanks guys, I guess I will be looking for the best offer and the most preserved bike and that will be the leading factors. Cheers!

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 13:16 Quote
So you´re looking for a used bike?
Definitely check out the Banshee Legend, too. The frame has been around for a while and because of this generally isn´t on peoples radar as much anymore but it is a great bike and chances are good you´ll be able to get one for a good price.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015893
Mobile Version of Website