Moving from Oregon to Vermont. Any suggestions on where to ride?

PB Forum :: USA - East
Moving from Oregon to Vermont. Any suggestions on where to ride?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 1:41 Quote
So ill be living just outside of Burlington, Ill be completely new to the area. Was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on where some good spots are to ride. Ill only be there for 11 months and wanna see some of the best places around that area. The trail fork app has been a great tool but id rather get some advice from the locals or anyone who knows the area. Thanks!

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 3:20 Quote
You are moving to the mountain bike mecca of the east coast. Stop in a bike shop, you'll be just fine. haha

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 3:55 Quote
You'll be in good shape. Within a few hours of burlington you have kingdom trails, burke mountain, killington, highland, and berkshire east just to name the big name popular mountains.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 2:51 Quote
schofell84 wrote:
You are moving to the mountain bike mecca of the east coast. Stop in a bike shop, you'll be just fine. haha
thanks man

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 2:52 Quote
mrfrench2013 wrote:
You'll be in good shape. Within a few hours of burlington you have kingdom trails, burke mountain, killington, highland, and berkshire east just to name the big name popular mountains.
right on if your in the area lets ride sometime

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 11:20 Quote
RIP Jim Lahey - you will be missed immensely...so, you will have not shortage of places to ride within an hour of Burlington. My favorite places are Perry Hill and Kingdom Trails...search youtube for endless videos to get an idea of the riding...or reach out when you get here, me and my crew are out riding all the time and would be happy to have you come along...

Must ride:

1. Perry Hill, Waterbury - See EastCoastTreeSkier youtube page lots if vids..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZHu17EIw3o

2. Cady Hill, Stowe
3. Mud City, Morrisville
4. HTF / Carse, Hinseburg
5. Cochrans, Richmond
6. Brewster River, Underhill
7. Kingdom Trails / Burke Mountain Lift Serve
8. Mad River Riders, Waitsfield / Fayston
9. Sugarbush Resort, Warren
10. Saxon Hill, Essex - only 10 minutes outside Burlington
11. Montgomery Trails, Montgomery up near Jay Peak

Endless opportunity to ride somewhere different every week - All the above places have websites...see

WATA Waterbury
Stowe Mountain Bike Club
Fellowship of The Wheel
Brewster River Mountain Bike Club
Grateful Tread Montgomery
Mad River Riders
Kingdom Trails

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 23:55 Quote
That’s awesome to hear! I will definitely send you a message when I get into town. Looks like I’ll be living in Essex junction. Don’t know anyone out there so that’s a huge plus for me. Leaving here from Oregon June 17th and start work over there July 2nd at UVM. You will be hearing from me.

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 4:35 Quote
Id like to get up to kingdom trails a few times this year, never actually been. maybe we could do a group ride.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 at 18:29 Quote
godzilla78 wrote:
RIP Jim Lahey - you will be missed immensely...so, you will have not shortage of places to ride within an hour of Burlington. My favorite places are Perry Hill and Kingdom Trails...search youtube for endless videos to get an idea of the riding...or reach out when you get here, me and my crew are out riding all the time and would be happy to have you come along...

Must ride:

1. Perry Hill, Waterbury - See EastCoastTreeSkier youtube page lots if vids..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZHu17EIw3o

2. Cady Hill, Stowe
3. Mud City, Morrisville
5. Cochrans, Richmond

Endless opportunity to ride somewhere different every week - All the above places have websites...see

WATA Waterbury
Stowe Mountain Bike Club
Fellowship of The Wheel
Brewster River Mountain Bike Club
Grateful Tread Montgomery
Mad River Riders
Kingdom Trails

This is everything you need to know for Burlington area + northern Vermont. If you're up for a little drive Killingon and Pittsfield are definitely worth it too.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 22:16 Quote
godzilla78 wrote:

Must ride:

2. Cady Hill, Stowe
3. Mud City, Morrisville
5. Cochrans, Richmond

Just want to add onto this, as I spend my summers 40 minutes north of burlington.

-Sleepy Hollow is a super fun set of trails. Just be ready for some climbing!
-Perry HIll is an absolute must
-Check out Aldis Hill Network (north of burlington)
-Indian Brook
-Mobbs Valley
-Hinnesburg town forest

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011159
Mobile Version of Website