Trails in Croatia

PB Forum :: Europe
Trails in Croatia
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 4:12 Quote
Anyone here in the Europe forum from Croatia? I will be there in early may and was hoping to do some trail riding there.Cheers

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 12:50 Quote
I am. Near Zagreb you have Medvednica mountain, with a lot of bike trails which are maintained by the local forest service, riding is free of charge, rhere is Enduro downhill track from top to the city downtown), on coast near Makarska u have highest mountain in Croatia Biokovo (peak Sv. Jure around 1750m) and it is full of hell damn good trails, also free of charge. You can also ride free of charge in national park Papuk (forests there are amazing). There is no bike parks in Croatia (as I know), also if you will be on one of the islands, try to cycle trough island Hvar, and try a downhill track in Losinj...cheers

Posted: May 26, 2018 at 5:13 Quote
jura87 wrote:
I am. Near Zagreb you have Medvednica mountain, with a lot of bike trails which are maintained by the local forest service, riding is free of charge, rhere is Enduro downhill track from top to the city downtown), on coast near Makarska u have highest mountain in Croatia Biokovo (peak Sv. Jure around 1750m) and it is full of hell damn good trails, also free of charge. You can also ride free of charge in national park Papuk (forests there are amazing). There is no bike parks in Croatia (as I know), also if you will be on one of the islands, try to cycle trough island Hvar, and try a downhill track in Losinj...cheers

Hi mate!

Is there good trails in Split area? Like all mountain/enduro kind of riding? Is there anyone who will organize shuttle rides or something in that area?

Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
LasseV wrote:

Is there good trails in Split area? Like all mountain/enduro kind of riding? Is there anyone who will organize shuttle rides or something in that area?
All the summer spent in Kastela. No any trails, no any shuttles or any other options.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 9:44 Quote
ka81 wrote:
LasseV wrote:

All the summer spent in Kastela. No any trails, no any shuttles or any other options.

Thanks mate. Thats a bummer.

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 23:51 Quote
There are shuttles in Zagreb, if anyone is interested just PM me.
As for shuttles in Split, not that I am aware of, but Omiš which is near Split there is a local group of people that build trails and organise shuttles and rides.

Posted: Jan 27, 2019 at 0:56 Quote
bigquotesThere are shuttles in Zagreb, if anyone is interested just PM me.

C'mon, man, you can do better. Wink

Not a shuttle but bus, and you could provide direct link - http://www.zet.hr/raspored-voznji/325?route_id=140 http://www.zet.hr/raspored-voznji/325?route_id=140

Bus is going right to the start of most trails, very convenient. The most exciting is the price - 4 HKn )) Cheapest lift in the world. )))

As for me - Zagreb is just the best place to visit for MTBnking. I mean you can find affordable accomodation, mountain is just next to the city and there's a bus to its top, very nicy city just to walk in the evening.
Trails are great for me cause I like that kind of natural (roots, rocks, forest) trails.

Posted: Jan 27, 2019 at 3:38 Quote
ka81 wrote:
bigquotesThere are shuttles in Zagreb, if anyone is interested just PM me.

C'mon, man, you can do better. Wink

Not a shuttle but bus, and you could provide direct link - http://www.zet.hr/raspored-voznji/325?route_id=140 http://www.zet.hr/raspored-voznji/325?route_id=140

Bus is going right to the start of most trails, very convenient. The most exciting is the price - 4 HKn )) Cheapest lift in the world. )))

As for me - Zagreb is just the best place to visit for MTBnking. I mean you can find affordable accomodation, mountain is just next to the city and there's a bus to its top, very nicy city just to walk in the evening.
Trails are great for me cause I like that kind of natural (roots, rocks, forest) trails.

yeah of course you can take the bus, if the driver will let you in with a bike. It's not always guaranteed you will get a lift there. It's not like I am selling the shuttle, just to let people know there is an option.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 23:35 Quote
It's actually not true that there are no trails in Split area. There are plenty of trails in Omiš built and maintained by the local trail building crew (Coast Riders). There are also trails on Kozjak mountain near Kastela, one of which is a downhill track "Azbestoza" built and maintained by "Krs club".

We organise tours and shuttle rides in Omis area which is about half an hour drive from Split.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
oldpathsnewtrails wrote:
It's actually not true that there are no trails in Split area. There are plenty of trails in Omiš built and maintained by the local trail building crew (Coast Riders). There are also trails on Kozjak mountain near Kastela, one of which is a downhill track "Azbestoza" built and maintained by "Krs club".

We organise tours and shuttle rides in Omis area which is about half an hour drive from Split.

Hi mate! Do you have a website or similar where i can find more information about your services? What kind of weather is in croatia in september?

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 7:23 Quote
LasseV wrote:
[What kind of weather is in croatia in september?

Better than in peak summer and much less tourists, 25 degrees celsius and clear skies.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
meshin wrote:
LasseV wrote:

Better than in peak summer and much less tourists, 25 degrees celsius and clear skies.

Oh, thats nice. That is a good weather for a finnish person. And i hate people so less tourists is a good thing too Big Grin

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 9:40 Quote
LasseV wrote:
meshin wrote:
LasseV wrote:

Oh, thats nice. That is a good weather for a finnish person. And i hate people so less tourists is a good thing too Big Grin

This is their page I think, for riding around Omiš https://www.facebook.com/CoastRidersCroatia/

If you need shuttles in Zagreb send me a PM.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
LasseV wrote:
oldpathsnewtrails wrote:

Hi mate! Do you have a website or similar where i can find more information about your services? What kind of weather is in croatia in september?

Our website is in the process of development but you can find info or contact us for more on FB or Instagram
https://www.facebook.com/oldpathsnewtrails/
https://www.instagram.com/oldpathsnewtrails/

Or email: info@oldpathsnewtrails.com

May and September are basically perfect. Not overcrowded, not too hot, yet you can still take a swim and chill after a ride!

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005754
Mobile Version of Website